74 | The One With The Homecoming

"Nanna!" Madhav hears a voice. "Nannaaaaa!"

"Dum dum doo! Bibity bobity boo! Pipi papi poo! I love you too!" He hears Madhu sing.

Madhu lets out a loud cackle as she sits on Madhav's chest.

"Nanna, why are you sleepy?" Madhu whispers softly pressing her forehead against his cheek. "Wake up! I miss playing with you!"

Madhav opens his eyes and finds the ceiling fan rotating slowly on the hospital roof. He sits up on the hospital bed and looks around the general ward. His bed was covered with the thick hospital curtains.

"Where am I?" He groans and notices the words 'Jakarata Hospital' written all over the hospital gown he was wearing.

"You are in general ward. Jakarata Hospital." Says a tall Malay lady who was changing the saline in the infusion bottle. "You came last morning badly wounded and very weak. Many open wounds. We operate you and you are recovering very fast."

"Thank you." Madhav breathes as he looks at the big saline lock on his hand. "Where's Uday?"

"Your friend? He went outside a while ago." She says checking Madhav's pulse.

"How long will it take for me to recover?" Madhav asks looking up at the roof.

"Not too long. You must rest and eat very well." She says. "You rest now, I will ask someone to bring you food."

Madhav nods.

He looks at the surgical stitches on his arms and legs, groaning. There was a little window right next to his bed. It was afternoon. He closes his eyes and he looks up at the roof.

Madhav opens his eyes startled as he hears the curtains get open in a flash.

"Madhav!" A woman cries and he rubs his eyes.

"Anu?" He says softly as he looks at Anushiya who was standing in front of him with Sivaji and Uday. She was wearing a green shirt with a black denim. She runs to him and hugs him.

"Oh lord, oh lord. We found you, at last." She says kissing his face.

"Did you miss your best buddy?" Madhav asks holding Anu's hand.

"Fuck yes!" She says dissolving into tears.

"I missed you too!" Madhav says.

"What about me?" Sivaji says smiling. "Damn I missed you tons, machan."

"Aren't I getting any hugs and kisses from my best man?" Madhav asks and Sivaji hugs him back.

"You are to never travel on a plane or a jet. Ever!" Sivaji says.

"Yes and we aren't letting you board one." Uday says. "Except for now since we're all planning on taking a rented jet to get you home."

"I don't think I can ever step into a plane or a jet without reliving all that horror." Madhav says.

"We feel you machan. Save that for when the police comes to record your statement." Sivaji says.

"We spoke to the doctor and she said they'll give you a sedative so you'll be asleep for the whole journey." Anu says. "We want to take you back home as soon as possible. Shree and Madhu need you. You'll heal faster with them around you."

* * * * *

Madhav slept the whole journey from Indonesia to Mumbai. He was changed into a light blue shirt and a pair of sweatpants. The sedative worked and he slept peacefully on Sivaji's shoulder. They were all in the jet which was chartered by Anu's father, Mr. Chithambaram.