13 | The One With The Confession

[Note to Readers, please read this chapter till the end. There is an important announcement, a surprise and goodnews waiting at the end of this chapter!]

-S H R E E    P R A S A D-

I can't sleep! I think I would have been tossing and turning in bed for the past few hours. It's 3:00 am and Mumbai, the City of Dreams, is still awake. There's so much noise that has blended into the air, there's sounds of vehicles screeching to sudden halts, the sound of their horns, a Bollywood song being played so loud from somewhere close and to top it all with the sound of Devi snoring. I turn to Devi and push her from my side of the bed.

I never felt loved with Rishabh. I even wonder why I had a relationship with him, when we talk very rarely, like once in two blue moons. I can't even remember the last time he looked at me romantically. It's an empty relationship.

It's almost 3:00am and soon it will be the start of a new day, a new week. Six torturous days of work with Madhav. My mind mindlessly goes to the incident in the car. The burning tingling feeling of his hand racing down my spine has not died away. The feeling of his beard scratching against my chin and neck refuses to fade away. 'Shree, will you marry me?' is still echoing in my ear.

I honestly don't know how I plan to face Madhav after tonight's happenings. I think I'd never be able to look him in the eye properly. Mrs. Shree Madhav Ramakrishna.

My phone pings. There's an unread message from RK sir's secretary at 10:30pm.

Meeting with the BOD tomorrow morning at 11. Formal attire. Don't forget!

There is another message my childhood friend Ahaana.

Fhat the wuck! Ur boss proposed to u and u never told me!

Devi, you imbecile. She must have told her.

Hey. I was planning to tell u. Did Devi tell u?

The reply comes within seconds.

Yes, Devi told me. Y didn't u say yes, stupid?

Becoz, he's my boss.

And I don't knw whether I shld say yes or no.

Dude. He's rich, handsome, hardworking and well eductd. Wht more do u want?

Thr shld b more than rich, handsome and well eductd.

I keep staring at the phone for a while.

Ok. Think like this. He's rich. So he can fund Devi 4 her studies, pay 4 ur mom's medical, help u pay the bills.

+hes really tall and well built which means he has a big.....

I gasp out loud. And another message pops up.

...heart. What were u thinkn, woman?

I sigh. Damn this woman and her jokes.

Idk. Think properly nd take a gud decision. I think u shld accept it. Gnight.

* * * * *

Next morning, at 7:30am, I walk into Ramakrishna GOC. The receptionist, who was coating her lips with bright red lipsticks, stops to smile at me. The Starbucks barista waves excitedly from the Starbucks counter.