20 | The One With The Wedding Night

NOTICE: This chapter contains explicit and sexual content which is suitable ONLY for readers above 18 years of age. Read at your own discretion.

-S H R E E P R A S A D-

Madhav's house is truly a breathtaking piece of art. Words fall short when describing how spectacular this house is! It's no less than a palace, in fact it is a palace that houses several palaces. There's a swimming pool, a Victorian styled garden and a humongous backyard. The house was decorated resplendently with many festoons of woven marigolds and jasmines gracing the walls. The air around the house was impregnated with the fragrance of the marigold and jasmines. A big colourful rangoli was made at the entrance and decorated with little oil lamps made from clay. The welcome showered upon me was a reflection of the mansion's façade: ostentatious and grand.

Madhav's room- or rather his quarters, is the size of my apartment back in Chembur, or rather the size of two apartments. The theme itself: royal with a modern twist, enchants me. A beige coloured air conditioned room, the ceiling was breathtaking, with ornate carvings of grape wines and cupids shooting arrows. There is a four-poster bed with red curtains. The cream coloured sheets had jasmines and rose petals strewn on it.

The dressing table is just as grand and exquisite as the room is. Madhav's deodorant bottle and his hairbrush have gained more acquaintances in the form of my sindoor box, sticker bhindis, perfume vials, bangles, my lip balm and my hairbrush.

My reflection looks more mature and feminine. Yashoda Ma is currently engaged in freeing my hair from the thousands of hairpins that held my hairdo in place throughout the wedding. The valuable jewelry which Madhav brought for me were removed, except for my earrings and the mangalsutra, and stored in the vault in the big oaken wardrobe.

Yashoda Ma smoothly runs a brush through my hair, humming, while giving me a very smug and teasing smile. The Whatsapp group with all my school friends has the smirky emoji with a brinjal emoji. Ahaana and Nabha's chats are filled with such emojis and links to articles on the Cosmopolitan.

Jahnvi had told me about her first encounter, which happened a decade ago. She had her first sexual encounter when she was fifteen with a school senior inside his car. 'Just have fun and try to look less like a freak, okay?' she told Shree.

'Go with the flow and trust him. He probably knows what he's doing. I'll see you in a few months with a junior version of you and Madhav swimming inside you' Winked Deepali, Ashok's sister. She is the best obstetrician-gynecologist at Mumbai's leading hospital, married the neonatologist who worked for the same hospital. Together they had Ragalekha, Raga in short, the cutest and merriest baby girl I have ever seen.

"We're done!" Yashoda Ma adds happily as she finishes brushing my hair. "We should let you have some time for yourself. Madhav will join you in a while." She says and presses a kiss to my forehead. "Goodnight, dear."

I smile as she walks out through the enormous double doors.

I walk around the room, dimming the lights. The room is almost dark with the only source of light being the glowing cupids in the ceiling. That's a marvelous way to incorporate lighting. I open the curtains to let the moonlight flood into the room and spray a bit of lavender flavored air freshener around the room.

There is a big black barcalounger near the window that has a grand view of the Victorian styled garden. The marvelous fountain with the four cupids facing each direction as the center figure. The water erupts from the tips of the upturned arrows of four cupids and cascades into the basin of the fountain where several koi fish swam.

I sit on the edge of the bed to read a few of those articles from the Cosmopolitan, but I end up scrolling down my gallery, looking at our pictures together. I look at the picture that was taken during the pre-shoot, where he looks at me as we walk down the beach. He was smiling- a sight which was hard to see when I first met him, but it transpired to become a frequent phenomenon as I got to know him better. My love for this man increased beyond bounds after this pre-shoot, each second away from him seemed like impalpable torture.