09 | The One With The Drink

Young and attractive models with high cheekbones and hour glass figures swayed to the loud beats of the DJ, each holding a glass of cocktail as they celebrated the success Demure's Summer Fashion Show. Madhav declared the rooftop lounge area of the Head Office open to celebrate. Free unlimited drinks were served.

His eyes stood latched to Shree who drank a glass of fruit punch with Shiv Sharma. She as dressed in a sleeveless sea blue frock that reached till her knees and her glossy black hair pulled back to a ponytail. The neon lights fell on her face and in his eyes she glowed like a rainbow fairy.

Seeing her today in that beautiful dress, flaunting her looks with minimal effort, she looked like the most beautiful woman in the room.

Shiv makes a vague excuse and walks towards the open bar for another fruit punch.

We'll leave at 11 30. Don't go anywhere without telling me.

Sure sir!

Shree's eyes meet Madhav's and he held his watch gesturing her to keep track of time. It was already 10 45pm and he had promised to drop her at home safely after the party. Her presence in the party meant more than the purpose for which the party was being held. She nodded as Shiv walks towards her with a glass of fruit punch for her.

"I think I had enough, Shiv." Shree says refusing.

"Come on, its fruit punch. Another glass won't kill you." He says thrusting the glass to her hand. Shree shrugs and takes the glass to her hand, drinking the fruit punch.

Most of the guests had left by 11 and those who were left were those who were too drunk enough to stand on their feet. Madhav walks out of the rooftop lounge area as he sees Shree being escorted out of the rooftop lounge by Shiv. His hand was wrapped around her waist and her head hung weakly as her hair fell in front of her face.

"Something isn't right." Madhav says and decides to follow them.

* * * * *

Shiv dragged the drunk and half-conscious Shree out of the lounging area and into the long corridor that lead to the elevator. Shree couldn't stand up straight, she walked half the distance and allowed Shiv to slowly drag her. They waited until the elevator door opened. Shree murmured something in gibberish and held onto Shiv's arm. A smug smile appears on Shiv's face as the elevator door pings open and as he realizes there is no company. He drags her into the lift as the doors slides shut behind them.

Madhav notices the elevator door close behind Shree and Shiv as he walks out of the roof top lounge and into the deserted corridor that lead to the elevators. He runs towards the elevator and presses the summoning button, cursing under his breath. Madhav runs to take the stairs behind the door labelled 'Emergency Exit'

Shiv carried Shree in his arms as he walked out through the empty lobby to the car park. She murmured inaudible protests as she weakly pulled his shirt. Shiv managed to get to the car park and open his small car, throwing Shree into the seat.

* * * * *

The sun's bright light rushes into the room passing the thin curtain material, flooding the room and evading off the darkness. Shree woke up as the sunlight force her eyes open. Sitting up on the bed she felt her feet lifeless and her arms numb; her head twinging with a stab of pain. She was surprised to notice her hair messy and untied left to hang behind her back.

She wipes her eyes and looks around the room. The room was small and painted in bright blue. Spiderman and Superman posters decorated the walls. Soon she realized everything in the room, from the walls to the bed sheets and the ceiling was blue. Shree's eyes widened as she understood she was not in her room. This room belonged to a stranger.

She gets off the bed, her heart beating to an uneven rhythm.

"Oh my Mata! Where am I? What am I doing here? Who's room is this?" she wonders and she walks to the mirror near the foot of the bed. She ties her hair into a neat bun and walks towards the door. The door swung open to her slight touch.

The door lead to a brightly lit living room with a small couch and a small vintage TV placed opposite it. To the far corner of the living room was a dining table with four chairs placed around it with a CD player on top of it. A devotional song sung by a woman with a voice as sweet as nectar and ambrosia was being played. The rich smell of incense sticks and fresh jasmines filled air around the house. Shree noticed how each inch of the walls bore pictures of a young boy and a girl.

Shree goes near the walls as the young boy's face starts to look familiar.

"Why do you look like I've seen you?" She wipes a thin layer of dust with her finger and after a minute of looking into the picture it strikes her.

From the far corner of the living room, a door opens and Madhav walks out, bare-chested, a white towel fastened around his waist. His hair was wet after his morning shower and he smelled of eucalyptus and spearmint. Tiny drops of water raced all the way down his well-built and sturdy upper body. He whistles a tune as he walks out into the living room. Shree turns with a start and is taken aback at the sight of Madhav. His muscular body now bared open to her sight. Her eyes travel down to his bare chest and a warm gush of blood floods her face.

Madhav's whistle dies down as his eyes meet with Shree's. 

To be continued

Hello Readers, I am officially back after my hiatus. There will be regular updates from tonight for the time being. Until that enjoy this and everything that is to come!

Express all your views and thoughts about this chapter through your comments. Also let me know the about following:

-How was this chapter?

-What was your favourite part of this chapter?

-What will happen next?

-What would have happened before Shree woke up?

-What happened to Shiv?