10 - CHANBAEK: Thinking Out Loud

Tittle: Thinking Out Loud
Pairing: Chanyeol/Baekhyun, slight!Junmyeon/Kyungsoo
Rating: PG
Genre: Fluff

Summary: Chanyeol thinks his new roommate has different alter egos causing him to feel (love) sick.

*

"What a life."

Chanyeol finds himself standing in front of a doorstep of an apartment across his former dorm house with all of his belongings perched beside his feet. He got kicked out by his own best friend, Oh Sehun, when said best friend invited his Chinese boyfriend to live in with him, making Chanyeol homeless without his consent. One moment he's lying peacefully on his comfortable fluffy bed, and next he's being dragged out of the house, bringing him in this pitiful state of his life as a hobo high school student, all because of the sweet bastard Oh Sehun and his sickeningly cute man-child boyfriend, Luhan.

He turns his head towards his former house (which is only a few meters across from him) when he hears flirty laughter and giggling sounds coming out from the slightly opened window, and wait, is that a moan he's hearing? He wants to gag and throw up. Gross. Stupid Sehun.

"Hey! How can I help you?" the man says after Chanyeol rang the doorbell the sixth time around. Chanyeol coughs before grabbing his things by his two hands.

"I'm wondering if you still have an extra vacant room? As you can see, I live across the street and I happened to get kicked out--"

"Unable to pay rent?" asks the man cutting Chanyeol's speech, who is now throwing him a judgemental stare with a quirk of an eyebrow.

"No! I mean, I can pay. My ex-roommate decided to take in his boyfriend with him so... yeah, I moved out and I'm looking for a place to stay... So?"

The man grins, his angelic face is back when he seems to assure himself Chanyeol has money with him. "Great! I have an extra room just only for you! Come inside. I'm Junmyeon."

"I'm Chanyeol."

Junmyeon ushers Chanyeol inside his spacious apartment which is in fact, much better than Chanyeol's old house with Sehun. He observes the clean and organized surroundings and notices it's kinda quiet.

"Uhm, do you live alone, Junmyeon-ssi? Seems like no one is here except from us."

"No. Three of us live here, and you're the fourth," Junmyeon says as he walks around the house, taking Chanyeol into a mini tour. "They're still at school at this hour, and hey, call me Junmyeon-hyung from now on. I'm not that old!"

Junmyeon smiles as he pushes Chanyeol into his new room at the second floor across another room, which Chanyeol thinks his potential roommate lives.

"So Chanyeol, this will be your room. That one and that one are already occupied. We'll talk about the rent later. Make sure you have cash with you or else." Junmyeon points out the window. "Out."

Chanyeol laughs dryly. "Okay, hyung. I have money, don't worry."

He flops himself on his new bed as he takes his precious time admiring his new room, his new atmosphere, his new life, and smiles. This is a good apartment and it feels homely, he thinks. He'll worry about the cost of his new place later. Maybe getting away from Sehun is not a bad thing at all.

*

Chanyeol is a sophomore and he learns that Junmyeon is his senior in his school and also his other two (short) roommates go with him at the same school-- namely Byun Baekhyun, a junior and Do Kyungsoo, respectively. Innocent Kyungsoo is Junmyeon's boyfriend and the information shocks him because they look grandfather and son (not that Chanyeol will say it in front of them) and sassy-looking Baekhyun is their best friend. Best friend-- Chanyeol remembers his own best friend and promises to castrate Sehun's filthy bones once he sees him again.