72 - CHANBAEK: Right Here Waiting (Part 1)

Title: Right Here Waiting
Pairing: Chanyeol/Baekhyun
Side Pairing: Jongin/Kyungsoo
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Angst, Fantasy, Romance
Word Count: 8.4k

Summary: Times flies really fast, but slow to those who wait.

Note: This fic is divided into two parts. The first part is here, and the second part will be posted a week after. This is also one of the longest one shot I have ever written so far. Took me almost 2 months to write this!

To the readers who requested for ChanBaek angst, hope you enjoy reading!

*

"You're always staring at that portrait, Granpa."

Kyungsoo lightly squeezes his Grandpa's hand as he smiles. His grandfather gives him a weak nod as a reply, blinking his eyes slowly while he looks ahead at the portrait of a young man painted in oil. It is hanging on the wall beside the grandfather clock adjacent to an old telephone Kyungsoo knows his grandfather treasures a lot.

"You need to rest. You must be tired."

"Son," the old man mutters in his raspy voice, not bothering to tear his gaze away from that hazel brown eyes. "You know that I can't rest yet..."

Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows as he fixes his grandfather's pillow. "But it's past your nap time already."

The old man chuckles wryly. "Is that so? You can leave now, Kyungsoo. He's waiting for you."

"Jongin can wait," Kyungsoo answers as he snickers. "He's always there to wait."

"I'm glad... that you still have time... to spend with each other." The old man's movements are lagged due to his age. "So treasure every moment that you are together... Because time flies... Really fast.... But slow... To those who wait..."

"What are you talking about, Grandpa? You're being creepy!" Kyungsoo says as he glares at the gray-haired man lying defenseless on the bed. "It's like you're going to leave soon."

"Maybe soon... We don't know."

"But you haven't met him yet..."

"I can feel... that it is coming," his grandpa mutters. "So you should see Jongin now, too."

Kyungsoo frowns as he fixes his specs on top of his nose. "Fine. I'm gonna call Jongin."

The old man nods, closing his eyes as he places his bony hands on top of his stomach. He hums, letting the sunlight streak to his wrinkled face. Kyungsoo just sighs as he closes the door with a silent click.

*

The sweaty and grinding bodies don't stop Baekhyun from rocking into the music as he waves his neon-blue lightstick up in the air. His soul is free, he tells himself, just for this night, he'll forget about the reality outside this club. Closing his eyes, he smiles and savors the moment of the cheering and dancing nameless people he doesn't care about.

Ah, what a good feeling he has right now. Only the deafening beats of music and the reek of alcohol are the things his senses can perceive. He opens his eyes, and the blinding colorful lights strike his vision, but it's all right. More than okay even. At least they're not dull unlike his boring life.

"Hey baby, you wanna get out of here?" a voice on his left asks him, causing him to turn his head around. Jongin gives him a flirty smile, which Baekhyun nonchalantly chuckled at.