13 - SEKAI: That's Why I Like You

Title: That's Why I Like You
Pairing: Sehun/Jongin
Rating: PG
Genre: Fluff

Summary: Based on the EXO'lution concert. When Jongin cried, Sehun stayed by his side.

*

"Such a cry baby," Sehun snickers behind his hand as Jongin looks up to him, his cheeks wet from tears and his black cap hiding his glassy eyes but Sehun can see them anyway. "I thought you won't cry in front of the fans."

"Shut up," Jongin says with an eyeroll. "I'm just so touched and emotional and thankful to the fans that I couldn't hold it in anymore."

There's a moment of silence as Sehun recalls what happened earlier in EXO'lution. The fanchants, the loud cheers, the colorful banners, the glimmering lightsticks, the fans' voices singing along with their new songs-- those were all very beautiful, that Sehun actually almost cried if not only for Jongin's head warmly pressed against his neck, a single arm wrapped around his shoulder, snuggling him close. Sehun had kept his tears at bay because he couldn't cry in that state when he couldn't practically breathe while Jongin invaded his personal space in front of a crowd of fangirls, who might had been possibly recording that moment in HD Fancam. He couldn't cry again because he just shed tears the other day, and Jongin being that emotionally clingly to him earlier as if he's the maknae was not totally helping.

"That was so embarrassing, ugh. I think I look ugly when I cry."

"It's alright, you know," Sehun mumbles, looking elsewhere except Jongin. "Sobbing like that and all. It just shows that we're still normal people even though we're now idols."

Jongin turns to Sehun and hums. "I guess you're right."

"I'm always right, Jongin."

Jongin purses his lips in a thin line as he looks at Sehun across the mirror. They're still dressed in their sweaty costumes and the make up and hairgel are uncomfortably sticky that Jongin wants to wash up already.

"Thanks about earlier, though."

"What for?"

"For comforting me."

"I didn't do anything."

"Your pressence is enough."

Sehun doesn't say anything to that as he stares back at the other boy, silence lingering between them and it's comforting. Sehun is not a man of words, and so is Jongin, but
Jongin already knows that he's always welcome.

"Because I know you'll cry more when I leave by your side," Sehun says teasingly, slipping next to Jongin quietly. He tiredly sighs as he combs his hair with his fingers. Jongin's gaze follows the way the younger's bangs fall off slowly to his forehead, his skin there is glossy with sweat and slighty red. Jongin couldn't look away, staring at Sehun like he'd miss something if he blinked.

"What?"

"What's 'what'?"

"What are you staring at?"

"What, am I staring at you or something?"

"What?"

Jongin rolls his eyes. "Are we going to ask 'what' to each other forever?"

Sehun chuckles. "Seriously. What is it? I know you have something to say." He elbows Jongin's ribs and Jongin groans mockingly.

"I just want to know if you're okay. You hurt your head when you bumped onto the camera extension or something at the concert. Did it still hurt?"

"A little," Sehun answers as he touches the bumpy part on his head. He grins at Jongin, arching his eyebrow. "You're concerned about me."

"Of course, I do."

"And why is that?"

"Because we're a group," Jongin says, his hand reaching for Sehun's head, carressing his hair gently. "And members of the group should care about their groupmates. That's all."

Sehun doesn't respond as he allows Jongin to pet his head gingerly for about a minute, massaging his scalp in soothing circles. He leans his head on top of Jongin's shoulder while he closes his eyes, trying to sleep for a minute. He backs away after Jongin retreated his hand, not forgetting to flick Sehun's forehead.

"All better now?" Jongin asks with a smile. Sehun nods, yawning slightly while his arms are stretched up in the air.

"I'm sleepy. I want to go home," he says before standing up and getting his phone on top of the dressing room table.

"Sehun-ah," Jongin calls and Sehun hums. "You know you're special to me, right?"

"Of course, I know. Bandmates are special to their co-bandmates. That's how things work."

Jongin laughs, partly annoyed and partly frustrated. "You know what, I should've gone to Kyungsoo-hyung instead. You're hurting my feelings."

"You started first. Not me."

"So I hurt your feelings first."

Sehun frowns, and Jongin thinks it's cute.

"I didn't know you have feelings," Jongin says, grinning cheekily to an annoyed Sehun.

"I have feelings, it just doesn't show on my face."

"That's why I like you."

Sehun blankly stares at Jongin like he has said the most ridiculous thing on earth. Jongin's smile falters.

"What? Did I say something wrong? I only said I like you, which is in fact you already knew since forever but you always--"

"Okay, that's enough. Shut up."

"You're always cutting me off."

"You're always saying cheesy things I want to puke." Sehun snorts waving a dismissive hand to Jongin. "Can you not?"

"Can't I what?"

"Say things like that," Sehun mumbles, scratching the back of his neck, "Out loud..."

Jongin laughs and Sehun wants to shove his face to the nearest toilet bowl.

"Maybe next time," Jongin answers with a shit-eating grin plastered on his face as he quickly stands up, holding Sehun's face and pecking Sehun's left cheek in record time.

"What the fuck," Sehun mumbles under his breath as he looks at every corner of the room, rubbing his kissed cheek with his hand. "I swear there are CCTV's here."

"Don't care."

"You know what Jongin, you're really something. I can't believe you just-- ugh, you're impossible. I'm leaving."

"Wait!"

Jongin steps closer, attempting to sling his arm around Sehun's shoulder to walk together outside. Sehun gives him the look, his pokerface look and Jongin pouts adorably.

"What the heck, stop using aegyo. It doesn't suit you."

"Really, huh?"

Jongin completely slings his arm around the maknae while the latter tries to pull away, but not really making an effort to forcefully free himself. When Sehun doesn't budge anymore, Jongin inches closer to him (if that's still possible) with a wide smile forming in his lips. He looks up to Sehun who is smiling to himself as well.

Jongin laughs, staring at Sehun's face closely. "You're blushing."

"And it's your fault, dumbass."

END