87 - CHANBAEK : Project EXODEUX (Part 3 FINAL)

Title: Project EXODEUX (3/3)
Pairing: Chanyeol/Baekhyun
Side Pairing: CHANYEØL/BAËKHYUN
Rating: M
Genre: Romance, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Angst, Fluff, Smut, Action, SuperNatural!Au
Word Count: 15k

Summary: Chanyeol and Baekhyun are rivals in the past, but they team up together to create superhuman clones for Project EXODEUX. Is love possible between them, too?

Notes: This is the third and the final part of the story! Thank you for sticking and reading up until here~ As always, stan EXO and CHANBAEK! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

***

Seoul, South Korea
Year 2005

Chanyeol, while excitedly drumming his fingers on top his desk, is just waiting for the school bell to ring for lunch time. As the ringing sound he has been anticipating for emanates from outside the classroom, he automatically stands up and dashes out to compete with his classmates into the fastest student to go to the cafeteria.

"Hahahaha! Losers!"

"Ouch! Why would you bump onto me!"

"Park Chanyeol, that giant dumbass again!"

"Sorry! I'm just in a rush!"

Laughing like a maniac as he runs down the stairs, his attention is right away caught by the loud bustle of students at the hallway. He slows down, curiously finding out what the commotion is about. He immediately sees the large banner displayed at the student's bulletin board, thanks to his impressive height. He is the tallest guy in his class after all, and probably the tallest among all the high school seniors in the academy.

"I thought the results will still be released by tomorrow! Oh my god!" he exclaims, nonchalantly squishing himself in between the group of students who are either sighing in dismay or rejoicing in glee. Either way, he stops just in front of the Ranking of the Top 100 Most Outstanding Seniors in the Class of 2005.

Well, he is one hundred percent definitely sure that he will be the first place on the list anyway. Why? First of all--- he is smart, intelligent, and basically perfect. He studied very diligently for the exams, memorizing every single fact it is there in the textbook so that he can achieve the highest mark in all subjects. Second, he is like, super handsome and super tall. It has nothing to do with being the topnotcher but he doesn't care. Last, he is The Park Chanyeol. Does that need an explanation? Nope, he guesses not.

"Hmmm. Let's see... Park... Park Chanyeol..." Chanyeol puts his index finger on the bottom of the paper, until he is skimming it up in search for his surname. "Where are you..." His eyes lighten up when he finally finds it. "Ah! There it is!

Rank Name Average
#2 Park Chanyeol 99.98%

"WHAT!? Second place!? Noooo!!!"

Feeling his heart crumbling into pieces upon seeing this disgraceful result, Chanyeol allows his knees to give in while he cries in despair. Students around him are starting to leave when he begins screaming in agony.

"AAAAAHHHHHH!!! It can't be! Whyyyyy!!!? I can't accept this! This is impossible! There has to be a mistake!!!"

"What it is there to be mistaken, Park?"

At the sound of that familiar yet cunning voice, Chanyeol abruptly turns his head behind him only to spot a certain dwarf-like creature who's evilly smirking down at him. His blood instantly boils in pure hatred at the sight of none other than his mortal rival, his greatest life nemesis.