74 - CHANBAEK : Right Here Waiting (Part 3 FINAL)

Title: Right Here Waiting
Pairing: Chanyeol/Baekhyun
Side Pairing: Jongin/Kyungsoo
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Angst, Fantasy, Romance
Word Count: 8.9k

Summary: Times flies really fast, but slow to those who wait.

Note: Thank you for reaching this far, thank you for waiting until part 3 of this fic.

Please enjoy reading!

*

"Do you think they've seen each other by now?"

"Yeah, I guess so..."

"They're probably eating dinner right now."

Silence.

"Jongin."

"Hmm?"

Kyungsoo stands up from the couch to where he was sitting at, and quietly walks beside his boyfriend who has been standing for a while now in front of the window. Its white curtains are slightly drawn back to allow the afternoon breeze blow inside his apartment.

It's surprisingly shady outside, as if the sun who was shining bright earlier decided to hide in shame. The clouds are dark, signaling it's going to rain any minute soon.

Kyungsoo watches Jongin momentarily, waiting for him to maybe say something, but the latter is just staring at nothing in particular. He keeps on biting his lower lip and tapping his foot in an anxious manner. Reaching for the other male's hand, Kyungsoo gently squeezes it between his fingers so that Jongin would feel he is not alone.

"He's a grown-up," Kyungsoo says in almost whisper, "I'm sure he can pull it off by his own. Besides, his boyfriend is there to take care of him."

"But what if he's not there?"

"What do you mean?"

Jongin turns to look at him with worried eyes.

"I don't know, Kyungsoo. I'm just," Jongin sighs, and he's shaking his head, "I have a bad feeling about this. What if that asshole ditched Baekhyun again?"

Kyungsoo frowns.

"Don't you think you're just being too overprotective?"

"I guess I am, I'm sorry." Jongin mutters, "I just can't help worrying about Baekhyun. He's like my concubine, you know. My second wife."

Kyungsoo chuckles at that.

"But still, I'm your legal wife."

Jongin turns to face him, studying Kyungsoo's face for a second. He laughs, before cupping it inside his warm hands. He slowly takes off Kyungsoo's specs, puts it down, and pulls him in for a chaste kiss on the lips.

"Hey, what was that for..."

"Thank you for being so understanding," Jongin says while staring right into his lover's doe eyes, "You know I'm his only family here in Seoul."

"Yeah, so you're doing the job of being his Mom, Dad, babysitter, and fake husband."

"I'm gonna tell him you said that," Jongin jokingly says. "Anyways, you told me last night your grandpa was taken to the hospital. Is he okay now?"

Kyungsoo's expression suddenly changes. Hearing about it makes his face fall as if he's about to break down again like yesterday. Jongin notices that, so he holds Kyungsoo and hugs him comfortingly.