101 - CHANBAEK : The Universe of Us (Part 1)

Title: The Universe of Us (Part 1)
Paring: Chanyeol/Baekhyun
Side Pairings: Jongin/Kyungsoo, Sehun/Luhan
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Hybrid!au, Office!au, Romance, Comedy, Angst
Word count: 13.3k words

Summary: Baekhyun is Chanyeol's independent Corgi hybrid* who works as his Secretary. But as his owner, Chanyeol hopes that someday, Baekhyun will come to rely on him more.

(*Hybrid - half-human, half-animal)

*

"Hm, which one should I wear today?"

Chanyeol hums to himself as he pulls out his organized watch drawer filled with various brands of watches he personally likes. He grazes his thumb along the smoothness of the oak furniture while still debating which one from his extensive collection should he use today. Should he wear the Montblanc that Baekhyun picked for him last year for his birthday, or should he put on the Cartier which he received from Jongin as a token of appreciation?

Either way, he still can't decide selecting as though it's a trivial matter like his life greatly depends on it. This is already taking him an eternity so maybe it'll be best to call Baekhyun. Baekhyun is basically the expert when it comes to stuff like this, and probably the best in literally everything he does.

"Baekhyun! Come here for a second!"

Baekhyun is just none other than Chanyeol's competent Pembroke Welsh Corgi hybrid, which happens to be also his Personal Assistant, Secretary, Legal Advisor, housekeeper, butler, driver, stylist, chef, and pet. You name it. Baekhyun knows Chanyeol more than he knows himself, considering that the smart corgi hybrid has been working and living with him for over five years now. Chanyeol can't basically function without him.

"He must be still sleeping so I think I'll just wear this one."

Today is an important meeting with the rich investors from SUHO Industries, and as the Chief Executive Officer of Park & B Holdings Company, Chanyeol has to maintain a presentable aura, so a watch is definitely a must. He isn't actually sure if the design of the necktie he wore is appropriate with today's appointment; he has quite a weak fashion sense (which Baekhyun always quotes) that he doesn't want to openly admit.

"You're seriously going to wear that?"

Chanyeol, while in the process of buttoning the sleeve on his wrist, peers over his shoulder towards the honey voice. Baekhyun makes a clicking sound of his tongue as he enters the spacious wardrobe.

"What about it?"

"You're really tacky."

"Excuse me? Isn't it a little too early for your insult?"

Baekhyun sighs, "Let me get that for you."

Chanyeol notes how Baekhyun's perky caramel ears flop above his silver fluffy hair as Baekhyun walks towards him. The gold collar worn around Baekhyun's neck stands out against his pure white skin, and Chanyeol feels satisfied of it. Observing the hybrid, a little smile slips his mouth when Baekhyun quietly takes his left hand, carefully removing the flashy Rolex Pearlmaster he took one decade to choose.

"Baekhyun."

"Hm?"

"Did you sleep well last night?"