83 - CHANBAEK : Eleven Fifty-Nine

Title: Eleven Fifty-Nine
Pairing: Chanyeol/Baekhyun
Rating: PG
Genre: Fluff
Word count: 2.5k
Summary: It's Baekhyun's birthday and Chanyeol is the first and last to greet him, as always.

Notes: Happy Birthday, Baekhyun! This is for all my soft chanbaekist readers~ Although this is short, please enjoy reading!

*

11:57
Happiest birthday to my one and only Baekhyunnie. I love you so much! Thank you for exist|

Delete.

11:58
Happy Birthday, Baekhyun! I am the first one to greet you aga|

Delete.

11:59
Hey, it's your birthday. I wish you a good health and I hope you have a great day ahea|

Hey, it's your birthday. I wish you a go|

Hey, it's your birth|

12:00
🎈

Sent.

Chanyeol covers his eyes with his arm before throwing his phone somewhere on the bed. He tries to get back to sleep but he couldn't, strangely enough. There's an unsettling churning feeling inside his chest that won't disappear even after already greeting Baekhyun on his birthday. Does that even count as a birthday greeting? He doesn't know what else to say, it has been weeks since he last saw his face anyway.

Maybe it's alright just like that. Maybe I'll just sleep it off.

Bzzt. Bzzt.

His arm, although not needing to lift his head up, automatically reaches out to the direction of his phone. Shifting slightly, he peeks on the notification and reads the message.

And maybe his heart has just skipped a little faster while a smile suddenly forms on his mouth.

12:01
😊

He guesses he can finally drift off to sleep now.

*

"He had a birthday party with the fans and I heard you turned him down as his special guest."

Chanyeol is in the middle of fixing his neck pillow when his manager meets eye contact with him at the rear view mirror. Tearing his gaze away, he gets back to watching the people on the street wearing thinner clothing than the last time he recalls. Was it three weeks ago? He can't remember if it's in Tokyo or in Seoul. All he knows is that summer is around the corner and the weather is getting hotter.

He prefers winter; he loves snowboarding and skiing after all. But Baekhyun likes summer. He must be already looking forward to this season after his birthday.

"You didn't hear me, did you?" his manager asks as he drives. SM building is only a distance away. "I asked you."

"I just got back from Japan and I'm tired," he lets out a yawn, "Please let me rest first."

The man chuckles, "You coward. Afraid to get caught?"

"Shut up."

The first thing that Chanyeol does after arriving at the office is to lay down on the couch and take a nap. He knows the chairman wouldn't mind if he sees him dozing off--- it'd be impossible honestly. The VIP usually arrives five minutes later than the call time and it's still thirty minutes before ten o'clock.