25 - CHANBAEK: So Close Yet So Far

Title: So Close Yet So Far
Pairing: Chanyeol/Baekhyun
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Romance, Smut

Summary: Baekhyun is Park Chanyeol's biggest fan. Chanyeol is interested with the guy who works at the coffee shop.

*

"Okay, smile! Yes, that's it! Turn to the left. Alright! Tilt your chin! Very good, Chanyeol!"

Byun Baekhyun doesn't let himself be bothered by the sound of the flashing cameras, nor the booming voice of the gay director, commanding Chanyeol on what to do for his SPAO photoshoot. Baekhyun's sight is solely focused at the man in front of him, because Park Chanyeol isn't just the Most Sought After Male Top Model in South Korea, not only the Most Gorgeous Face of 2015 by Elle Magazine nor the Most Promising Male Actor in Korean Dramas by SBS, neither the Best Male Rapper Who Ever Debuted in the History of KPOP.

But to Baekhyun, Park Chanyeol is also the man of his wildest dreams, the sole reason why Baekhyun exists on earth, and the only person Baekhyun could imagine he wants to spend the rest of his life with.

Because Chanyeol is Baekhyun's saving grace, but to Chanyeol, no matter how beautiful life for Baekhyun is, he's just one of the million fans he has in his blue green ocean in his concerts, and his mere existence is just a grain of sand in Sahara Desert.

But that's the tragic life of a fangirl, and for Baekhyun's case, of a fanboy, Baekhyun always reminds himself, as he assorts his signed albums from latest to most popular every Saturday evening after his work on the coffee shop adjacent to Chanyeol's entertainment company.

"Ten minutes break!" the director announces, making Baekhyun space out of his mini reverie. He can see Chanyeol heave an exhausted sigh as he relaxes his tensed muscles during the photoshoot.

With shaky fingers, Baekhyun clutches the phone in his hand and aims it at Chanyeol, who is at the moment, sitting on a bench in an artificial park surrounded by fake trees. Finding Chanyeol's perfect angle for his shot, Baekhyun smiles to himself as he clicks the capture button. He looks down at his phone, admiring the piece of work with a satisfied yet sad smile on his face. He subconsciously looks back at Chanyeol, and he feels as if the world stops in favor of the two of them, when he finds Chanyeol looking at him straight in the eyes, his face blank.

Baekhyun gulps as he blinks, his mind processing if Chanyeol is really looking at his general direction, or more precisely at him. He turns his head back to check if there's someone behind him, but there's none. He returns his gaze to his idol only to find him slowly walking towards his position.

Run. Hide. Don't let him get near you. Baekhyun tells himself, but his feet are heavy as if they are planted underneath the concrete.

No matter how Baekhyun wants Chanyeol to notice his existence, or for him to be spared a single glance at, Baekhyun couldn't find the courage to be face-to-face with him or to have him around within a meter radius. Baekhyun thinks Chanyeol is too good to be true, and having him near is more than enough.

Except from the reason Baekhyun keeps on making out in his mind, no matter how hard he tries to deny, he's really scared. He's afraid to fall in love deeper. He's afraid that the feelings he has for Chanyeol could grow beyond admiring from a fan's point of view. He's afraid he could love Chanyeol not as South Korea's Park Chanyeol, but as a man who makes his hear flutter, his heart to beat faster than normal.

Baekhyun is afraid of Chanyeol, because he knows, that the person in front of him now, is unable to catch him when he falls.

"What are you trying to do?" Chanyeol, with an irritated tone in his deep voice, asks Baekhyun. Baekhyun just stares, his mouth closing and opening like a fish out of water.