7 - CHANBAEK: Innocent Baekhyun

Title: Innocent Baekhyun
Pairing: Chanyeol/Baekhyun
Rating: G
Genre: Romance

Summary: Baekhyun doesn't know how to properly confess to Chanyeol, but it's okay Chanyeol likes him ayway.

*

"Park Chanyeol, I really really like you!"

Chanyeol turns his head towards the voice echoing throughout the hallway. He stops his pace when his eyes lands on the panting boy, arms over his legs, who's smiling brightly like the sun. He clutches the straps of his backpack and faces around fully to the boy-- his senior, Byun Baekhyun.

Short judging glances by the students are thrown at Baekhyun, but their attention at the scene fades after a while. Well, it's quite a normal thing for the school body to see Baekhyun confess to Park Chanyeol witnessing it the seventh time around during the month.

Chanyeol released a light sigh when Baekhyun is finally in front of him, still smiling ear to ear.

"What is it this time, Baekhyun?" Chanyeol asks with a little hint of annoyance-- but not much, because who would get pissed off to a cute boy like him? innocence plastered all over his pretty face?

"Uhm, I like you!" Baekhyun says, his feet springing to the ground, and his eyesmile is clearly emphasized that Chanyeol wants to pinch the cute.

"I already knew that Baekhyun, since it's the eighth--

"Seventh!" Baekhyun corrects, still smiling like it's permanently etched on his face.

"Seventh time, rather, that you said you like me. Right?" Chanyeol forms a half smile. Baekhyun's smile is contagious, Chanyeol notices, that anyone who'd see him would surely smile for no reason.

"Yes!" Baekhyun answers and Chanyeol wants to laugh because of Baekhyun's enthusiasm. Sometimes, he asks himself if Baekhyun is really 21 when he looks and acts like a 12 year-old.

"Why do you like me?" Chanyeol questions Baekhyun. He admires the growing flush on Baekhyun's cheeks and the fluttering of his eyelashes when he blinks, while he plays with his fingers and thinks for an answer.

"Because you are tall! And I like tall people because I'm short," Baekhyun answers with a pout as he mentally compares his shorter legs with Chanyeol's long lean ones.

"You said that reason the other day, Baekhyun."

"Oh."

Baekhyun then remembers that he said that already. He concentrates for a while, his hand under his chin while stroking his imaginary beard. Chanyeol thinks it's a cute sight so he waits for him patiently.

"Ah! Because you have nice teeth!" Baekhyun answers with too much energy. "I like your teeth, it's white and clean and shiny."

Chanyeol smiles showing his white, clean and shiny teeth, according to Baekhyun. He ruffles Baekhyun's hair and Baekhyun's smile gets wider when he feels Chanyeol's warm hands on his scalp.

"You said that yesterday, Baekhyun."

"Oh."

Baekhyun slowly frowns for the first time this day. His shoulders drop and he refuses to look at Chanyeol in the eyes. Chanyeol feels something tug in his chest like he committed a big crime.

"Why do you like me Baekhyun?" Chanyeol repeats calmly. "You just can't like a person by how tall he is... nor how his teeth looks like. I mean, some people are also tall too, and they also have nice teeth. Not only me, I guess," Chanyeol explains as elaborate as he can for Baekhyun to understand, but Baekhyun only looks at him with wide questioning eyes.