3 - KAISOO: When Kyungsoo is Sick

Title: When Kyungsoo is Sick
Pairing: Jongin/Kyungsoo
Rating: PG
Genre: Fluff

Summary: Kyungsoo has a sore throat and is sick, so Jongin takes care of him.

*

Kyungsoo wakes up, his throat itchy and rough, and he fails to speak his voice out as it only comes out hoarse and inaudible. He frowns, upset with himself while thinking of the upcoming concert they'll perform and not because of the pain in his throat when he swallows his saliva.

He tries again, saying a quiet hello, hello but he gets a mere whisper. It hurts when sounds vibrates in his larynx, so he decides to just shut his mouth up. He tucks himself inside the sheets and he can feel his head throb.

"Hyung!" Jongin calls from the outside while he knocks on the door. "Come out now and cook! I'm hungry!" Jongin whines as Kyungsoo suddenly remembers that the other 8 members are out of town at Baekhyun's grandmother's house and he's in charge of the dorm, including Jongin and he's hungry stomach.

"Hyung? Are you perhaps uhm just got out from shower and nake-- I mean, are you done changing clothes?" Jongin says, and Kyungsoo can sense the younger's embarrassment so he smiles and takes his phone out to text Jongin.

To: Jonginnie
Come in. I can't talk.

There's a loud ring of Jongin's ringtone and in no time, the door is open with a thud.

"What happened!!?" Jongin shouts, a little bit louder, at Kyungsoo who's on the bed, cutely wrapped within the sheets with droopy eyes and pale lips. Jongin frowns.

"Oh my god. Hyung, you look so terrible," Jongin says, his voice softer this time. Kyungsoo wants to punch him on the face if not for his weakness.

"Hyung. You are sick! And you can't talk. Sore throat?" Jongin asks as he sits on the bed, worry fills his face. Kyungsoo nods weakly and he texts Jongin.

To: Jonginnie
I'm sorry.

"No, no. You don't have to feel sorry! It's okay, really!" Jongin says, lightening up the mood.

"You just need to rest, and I will take care of you! And... everything. Yeah, I guess." Jongin scratches the back of his neck. He really wants to take care of all, just like he said, but honestly, he doesn't know how.

And Kyungsoo knows Jongin all too well as he recalls the time when the kitchen was almost caught on fire when the younger tries to cook. He sighs and tries to get out of bed but Jongin holds his shoulders and pushes him down.

"You should rest," Jongin says with authority like he's in control and Kyungsoo stares at him with wider eyes than normal.

"Just trust me, I can do this," Jongin assures him with a wink and Kyungsoo lies on the bed in defeat because really, he has no energy to argue with Jongin. He wants to rest so badly, so he nods quietly. Jongin smiles at him as he pulls the blanket over to Kyungsoo's chest.

"I'll be back! I'll make you a soup!"

Kyungsoo shoots up quickly on the bed like he's been electrocuted and stares at Jongin with a horrified look.

Don't you dare, Kyungsoo mentally says and Jongin laughs nervously.

"I can do this Hyung! It's just a soup!" And with that, Jongin closes the door, all smiles.

"Shit," Jongin mutters as he walks towards the kitchen, a place where he's banned since birth. "How do I make a soup!?"

Jongin opens the cupboard and searches for something that looks like food to him. He narrows his eyes, scanning if he's seeing detergent or ingredient on it.