17 - CHANBAEK: The Things I Do For You

Title: The Things I Do For You
Pairing: Chanyeol/Baekhyun, Baekhyun/Kyungsoo
Rating: G
Genre: Friendship, Romance
Word Count: 10.5k

Summary: Chanyeol is a lonely guy and Baekhyun comes to his life.

Note: This is a pre-debut and up to present fic and it's kinda long. Please bare with it!

*

Chanyeol watches amusedly at the boys playing with each other like they're some sort of happy middle schoolers on recess time while the teacher is not looking. He smiles to himself as he sees the skinny boy--Oh Sehun (he isn't sure, really, because he's more of a quiet-type boy, and he doesn't get the chance and doesn't have the urge to associate with his co-trainees) stumbles on the slippery wooden floor while dancing on some girl group songs and his other co-trainees laughing at him.

He knows all of the kids who train with him under SM Entertainment by face, considering he always sees them every day during his two-month time as a trainee.

He's treating everybody here and there with smiles-- some hi's and hello's and normal greetings, but that's just it, all uncasual and plain. And maybe, it's okay, Chanyeol thinks, as long as he's doing well on reviews and will going to debut soon.

"Yah, tall boy."

Chanyeol turns his head back to find the voice, but fails to see the face of the one calling him (because of his height) so he tilts down his head slightly to meet the eyes of a much shorter boy who is now raising an eyebrow at him.

"M-me?" Chanyeol asks in formal speech (in Korean) while pointing at himself. "Are you... calling me, perhaps?" he adds unsurely as he glances at the other trainees in the room.

"Yeah you. And yah, why are you talking formally? I'm sure we're on the same age! Well, unless you're an old man or something inside that young body." The boys laughs while smiling much to Chanyeol's discomfort because first, he doesn't know this guy personally-- he only knows him by his quite pretty face, and second, they're not that close.

"Uhm, okay," Chanyeol answers in formal speech again. The boy just shrugs his shoulders casually while looking at his nails. Chanyeol stands there awkwardly while waiting for the boy to speak or to just leave him already.

"So what's your name?" The boy looks at him this time, his hands now inside his pockets-- all confident, cool, easy go lucky, and Chanyeol feels he's the one smaller at this moment.

"Hello, I'm Park Chanyeol," he says before he bows 90 degrees, just like what a proper introduction should be, and the boy laughs at him while looking in disbelief as to why this person is too... not casual.

"Yah, Chumyeol, you don't have to bow like--" the boy imitates Chanyeol's bow all too exaggeratedly, twice, thrice, while mumbling 'annyeong haseyo, annyeong haseyo' in a deep voice, "--not like that! And don't speak that formal, you know!"

The boy laughs again, slapping his own thigh and Chanyeol was pretty hurt by the insult, and hey, his name is wrongly said.

"My name is Chanyeol. Not Chumyeol," he says, his eyebrows furrowed and his fist clenched tightly. The boy stops laughing and wipes his fake tears on the corner of his eyes.

"Okay, okay Chumyeon--

"Chan. Yeol. It's Chanyeol."

"Yeah. Chanyeon."

Hah! Really, it's irritating because, how can someone make fun of his beautiful name given by his mother and how can someone say his name like Chumyeol, Chumyeon, Chanyeon-- seriously!?