Chapter 32

I'm waiting by the window on Saturday, wait for Brian to come and pick me up. Today is the day Gabriella is throwing a party for him, and for some reason, I'm dreading it. I still can't believe she's throwing him a party.

"Whatcha waiting for, son?"

I turned to see my Dad standing there with a beer in his hand.

"Brian to come and pick me up," I said.

"What for?"

"Dad, I told you. Gabriella's throwing him a party."

"Who's Gabriella again?"

"Layla's sister."

"Oh. Is she nice too?

"No, she's a bitch."

"Christopher, that's not nice," Mom said as she walked into the living room.

"Well, she is. She and Danielle's brother make fun of people for no reason," I said.

"Well, Christopher, do you think it's because there's something going on with them that you don't know?" Dad asked.

"Umm..." I know that Malcolm turned into a jackass ever since he outed Brian, but I'm not really sure about Gabriella. "I know about Malcolm, but not Gabriella."

"What happened with Malcolm?" Dad asked.

"Well, he outed Brian because a girl that he liked had a thing for Brian instead and she got mad for what he did, and Brian got back at him by..." I widened my eyes and stopped in the middle of my sentence. I'm not going to tell my parents about that.

"Brian got back at him, how?" Mom asked. Of course she would coerce me to continue.

"Uh, he beat him up," I quickly lied and looked back out the window.

"And you don't know anything about Gabriella?" Mom asked.

I shook my head.

"Well, if you found out why, maybe you two will talk it out," she said.

"Yeah, like that's gonna happen," I said.

"Chris, like I told you before, if you hold onto those feelings for so long, it will destroy you," Mom said.

I remembered when Mom told me that when I was in the seventh grade when I was getting teased for listening to boy bands. "Okay. I'll try, Mom."

"Thank you, sweetheart," Mom said.

I looked back out of the window and smiled when I saw Brian's pickup. "Gotta go. Bye, Mom and Dad." I opened the door and went outside and ran to Brian's pickup. I opened the door to the backseat. "Hey, Seth and Brian."

"Hey," Seth said.

"Are you ready to go?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, I guess," I said.

"Okay then. Let's go," Brian said.

We went to the party. About a few minutes later, we stopped in front of a trailer house. "This is where they live?" I asked.

"Got a problem with that, Chris?" Seth asked.

"No, it's just that, um..." I don't know how to finish that sentence. Did I sound judgemental when I said that?

"Don't worry, Chris. They only bought this house because it's the only one that was on sale in this town," Brian said.

"Well, it looks nice," I said.

"Yeah, wait until you see the inside," Brian said. "Probably some toys and clothes are laying around everywhere in the house."

"Oh boy," I said.