Chapter 10

"You're...you're what?" Jane asked.

"I'm gay."

They're all still staring at me with wide eyes and mouths agape except for Brian, who's looking at me with a small smile in his face, and Seth, who's just looking at Brian.

"So, um...what do you guys think?" I asked them.

"Wow...it's just...that's a surprise," Danielle said.

"It wasn't to me," Paul said. He turned to Austen. "By the way, buddy, you owe me twenty bucks."

"Really, Paul?" Emma asked.

"Nevermind," Paul said.

"Wait a minute. How'd you know I'm gay, Paul?" I asked him.

"Well...um...it was the first day of school...and...you were looking at some guy like you started to have feelings for him."

"And I just thought it was all bullshit," Austen said.

Oh my God. Paul and Austen know I like Brian? Does everybody else know?

"I honestly don't know what to say," Layla said.

"Me either," Emma said.

"Same here," Xavier said.

"Come on, guys. The game is going to start again," Kalani said.

They all walked back to the game while I just stood there with my head down. I can't believe I came out to them. They looked more shock then my old friends were, and now it's going to be awkward between all of us.

I felt someone grab my blanket and wrapped it around me. I looked up to see Brian adjusting my blanket before he put his arm around my waist and walked back with me to the game. "Don't worry about it, Chris. It was awkward between me and my friends when they found out I'm gay, but they got used it and so will your friends."

"You're sure?" I asked him.

"Positive." He took a bite of his burger.

"So I thought you said you weren't coming to the game," I reminded him.

"Yeah, well Brent and Jack both changed my mind."

"How did they changed your mind?"

"They promised me that these three people won't bother me."

"You mean these three people name Caden, Toby, and Matthew?" I asked, remembering his outburst in the library today.

He tightened his grip on my waist. "Yeah."

I wanted to ask more about them, but seeing that angry look on Brian's face made me not to. I just took a bite of my hot dog when we got close to the game. Brian lets go of me when we got there. Seth looks at me with a worried look on his face when the game start again.

About ten minutes into the third half, three boys started to turn. When Brian saw them turning, he gasped and turned around. I looked at the three boys that are looking at us. The first one is pale white with long blonde hair, the second one is also pale white with brown hair, and the third one is tan skinned with dark hair.

"Did they turned back around?" Brian whispered.

I waited for a few seconds before they turned back around. "Yeah, you're good now."

He turned back around with a look on his face like he's scared. I wonder if those were the three boys Brian's avoiding.

"Let's go somewhere else," Michelle said, putting her hand on Brian's shoulder.

"My family's on the other end of the field. We can stand with them," I suggested.

"Oh, great idea, Chris," Xavier said sarcastically.