Chapter 52

Brian's POV

I've been waiting for Chris for about ten minutes, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel. I texted him to let him know I'm here. What the fuck is taking him so long?

Today is the day I start seeing a therapist. Honestly, I've kinda been dreading for this day because I really don't want to see one. Talking to someone for about an hour who doesn't know what I feel won't help me, but I'll do anything to be with Chris.

Finally, I saw Chris walking out of his house and he got into my pickup.

"Sorry, my mom was lecturing about something," he said.

I sighed. "It's fine. My appointment isn't until ten."

He looks at the clock on the radio. "And we have about thirty minutes."

"Yeah, I like to be early sometimes."

"You sound like my parents," he said.

I scoffed and pulled out of his driveway.

"You have your phone?" I asked him.

"Yeah."

"Can we listen to music on your phone?"

"Really?"

"Yeah."

He smiled at me and plugged his phone in the aux cord. He scrolled through it and played Britney Spears. I expected him to play *Nsync or the Backstreet Boys, but this will have to do.

On the ride there, Chris started to sing along to "Oops!...I did it again". He has the sweetest singing voice I've ever heard. I don't think I can get enough of that either.

We entered Thief River Falls. A few minutes later, we stopped in front of the building. I turned the pickup off and we both went inside.

A woman at the front desk looked up when we entered. "Hi. How can I help you."

"Yeah, I'm Brian Walker. I have an appointment with Dr. Ramsey," I said.

The woman looks at the computer. "Yep, here you are. Go sit down while I inform her."

I nodded my head and sat down with Chris. A few minutes later, the woman at the front desk said, "She's ready for you."

"You'll be okay," Chris said, squeezing my shoulder.

I gave him a quick smile and walked to her office. I took a deep breath and entered the room.

A light skin woman with black framed glasses and brunette hair pulled back in a bun gave me a smile as I walked in. "Hi, you must be Brian." She gestured to me to sit in front of her. "Have a seat, please."

I closed the door and sat down in front of her. I folded my hands together and just sat there.

"So I hear that you're having a problem getting over someone's death?" she asked.

"Who told you?"

"Your mom called me yesterday and gave me some... information."

"Of course she did." I leaned back against the chair.

"I know it's hard to get over someone's death, Brian. Believe me, I've been there."

"Yeah, but you haven't been through the same way I have."

"That's not entirely true, Brian."

"What?"

She nodded her head. "I lost my brother to suicide when I was in highschool."