Chapter 4

I took a look at the guy who's still reaching his hand out to me. He is wearing a white undershirt with a blue plaid shirt over it and ripped jeans. He has a light skin tone with the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen, and light brown curly hair. To me, he kind of looks like a young Brian Littrell from the Backstreet Boys.

"I asked you if you're okay." He still has his hand out.

"Uh, yeah. Thank you." I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up.

"What the hell was that, Walker?" I looked to see that Malcolm has stood up and is now standing face to face with the light brown hair boy.

Walker? Wait a minute. Is he Seth's brother? I looked over to Seth, who's looking at me with a troubled look on his face. He kind of looks like the boy, except his skin is more pale, his eyes are green, and his hair is darker.

"I don't know. Why don't you tell me?" He took one step closer to Malcolm.

"I was going to kick his ass for calling me a dick, you asshole!" Malcolm yelled at him.

"Well, maybe if you weren't being such a dick, he wouldn't called you one." Seth's brother smirked.

"Why you piece of-" Malcolm started to lunge at him, but was stopped by Mrs. Gray and a male teacher.

"Enough! Both of you!" The teacher said.

Mrs. Gray stepped in between the two boys. "So you two must be the troublemakers Mr. Wellington warned me about." I'm guessing that Mr. Wellington was the old principal. "Malcolm Berry and Brian Walker, right?"

"Yes, ma'am." Brian scratched his head.

"He threw me at the lockers for no reason," Malcolm said.

"Uh, you were going to punch him," Brian told him.

"Yeah, well, he called me a dick earlier."

Mrs. Gray turned to me. "Is that true?"

"Well, he called me a suck up," I said, crossing my arms.

"Why would he called you that?" The teacher asked me.

"I think I know why," Mrs. Gray said. She looked at all three of us. "I'm giving all three of you a warning." She then looked at the girl with the blue streaks in her hair. "And what is your name, young lady?"

"Gabriella Gomez," she answered.

Oh God, please tell me she's not Layla's sister.

"You also have a warning."

"For what?!" Gabriella screeched.

"Because you said—and let's see if I heard it right—'Kick his ass, Malcolm.'"

I heard a noise and I turned to see Layla and Danielle both trying not to laugh.

"Now get to class. All of you," Mrs. Gray ordered. She then turned and walked away.

Malcolm stepped forward to Brian and me. "This isn't over." He walked away with Gabriella following behind him.

Brian turned to me. "Hey, if that guy bothers you again, just come find me. Okay?"

I nodded my head. He just stood there before putting his hand through my hair and walked away. I watched him walk away until he disappeared into another hallway.

"You coming?"

I turned to see the teacher had opened the door to my next class; he must be my history teacher. I was about to walk to class when I heard someone call my name.

"Christopher Carrera?"

I turned to see two girls walking to me. One of them had pale skin with her brunette hair cut short and the other one has dark bronze skin with black curls.They both stopped when they got to me.

"You got time to take a picture?" the brunette hair girl asked.

"For what?" I asked her.

"We take pictures of new kids for the newspaper," she answered me.

The girl with curls looked at the teacher. "Would you mind if we borrowed him for a minute, Mr. Franklin?"

"Not at all, Kalani," Mr. Franklin said.

"Come with us then, Christopher," Kalani said.

I followed them to a hallway where four more kids—including my sister—are waiting. We quickly took our pictures and told Kalani and Michelle, the other girl, a little bit about ourselves before we head back to class.

I was gonna walk into history when I heard someone say, "Excuse me, young man."

I looked to see Mrs. Gray walking to me.

"I forgot to thank you for giving me the encouragement I needed in the gym earlier."

"No problem. I know how you feel, being in a new place and meeting new people."

"Well, I can see that. Thank you so much, Christopher."

"You're welcome."

Mrs. Gray gave me a little smile before walking to her office. I walked into history class and sat down in my seat. For the rest of history, all I could think about is the handsome light brown hair boy who saved my skin from the red headed asshole. I wonder what he's doing right now.