Chapter 8

Brian's P.OV.

I stormed out of the library pissed. That fucking Malcolm. How dare he try to bring up what happened last year. That bastard was so lucky I didn't kick his ass in the library.

"Brian! Wait up!"

I stopped and turned to see Jack O'Donnell, Brent Newsome, Michelle, Kalani, Tristan, Sophia, and Spencer following me.

"What do you guys want?" I asked with an angry tone in my voice.

"What the hell was that?" Tristan asked.

"You know what that was! He tried to bring up what happened last year!" I yelled at them. I can feel the tears coming down my face, but I didn't care. "You guys know what happens when someone does that, do you?"

A teacher looked at us when she walked by.

"You don't do that to us," Sophia said, putting her hand on my shoulder. "How come?"

"I don't know, it's probably just, you guys are my friends. I would never hurt you guys. Malcolm on the other hand..." I curled my hands into fists.

Kalani wiped the tears away from my face. "I know you two hate each other, but you shouldn't take your anger out on him. Or anyone else."

"Then what the hell I'm supposed to do, Kalani?" I leaned back against the lockers.

"Well, when my dad gets mad, he takes a few deep breaths," she said.

"Like that's supposed to help," I snapped at her. She took a step back from me. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you. I guess I still have that anger in me."

"Just try it, Brian," she said. "Trust me."

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. She's right: it did help. I open my eyes to see everyone staring at me.

"Well?" she asked. "Did it work?"

"A little. Thanks, Kalani."

"You're welcome." She gives me a small smile.

"Look, Brian," Brent stepped forward, "just come to the game. Jack and I will tell Coach Young to make sure that Caden, Matthew, and Toby won't bother you...and also Malcolm." He gave me a small grin when he said Malcolm's name.

"And please come to my party," Jack pleaded. "Caden, Matthew, and Toby won't be at the party anyway."

"How would you know?" I ask him.

"Well, the last time I threw a party, my parents came back home early and they were caught doing... something dirty with their girlfriends."

"Wait a minute? You mean they were doing..."

"Yes, that."

I started to laugh.

"There's that beautiful smile we used to know," Michelle grinned.

"So can you come?" Jack asked

I thought about it for a minute. I really didn't want to go to the game because of those three guys, but my mom would always tell me, 'You can't always let them win, Brian. That's what they want.' I always thought what she said was stupid but now...she's right. I can't let them win this time.

"So?" Tristan asked.

I looked at them and nodded my head.

"Oh my God! Thank you so much!" Jack hugged me.

"Okay, okay, Jack. Let him go." Brent pulled Jack away from me.

"I'm sorry. I'm just so excited! Party starts at my house at seven. And you know where the game is and starts." Jack ran off, with Brent following behind him.

"I'm proud of you, Brian," Spencer said, putting his arm around me.

"Thanks, Spence."

"Now come on. Let's go to the library," Michelle said, taking my hand.

I followed them back to the library. I looked to see Malcolm, Jarrod, Gabriella, and Ramona sitting in the very back of the library. I saw that Ramona had a pissed off look on her face. I can't blame her. I was pissed too for what Malcolm said.

Then I saw Christopher and his friends at the table listening to Layla's story. I looked to see Christopher sitting there, tapping his pencil, listening to Layla's story. Next thing I knew, I was walking to their table and sat down at the far end sitting right next to Christopher. He looked at me with his beautiful brown eyes and a smile. Oh, that smile. He has one of those white pearly teeth smiles. I wonder how the hell he takes good care of those teeth.

I smiled back at him, and he turned back to Layla, who's telling everybody that her mom just found out she's having a baby girl in February. Michelle, Kalani, Sophia, Tristan, and Spencer came over to listen to Layla. When Sophia told us she'll be excited to have another sister, I saw Christopher's eyes widen. Layla must not have told him that her and Gabriella's mom is married to Sophia's dad.

I saw Christopher looked down at his arm and I looked to see I have put my hand on his arm. I looked into his eyes, unsure what to do next. He then looked back to Layla, who is now telling everybody how Sophia's dad was happy how he's going to have another daughter. Sophia laughed and agreed with her.

Before I knew what I was doing, I put my hand around Christopher's waist and pulled him closer to me. He looked at me with a confused look on his face. My heart started to beat really fast when I put my hand under his shirt and started to rub circles on his stomach. He bit his lip, trying not to make a sound. Seth looked at us with a confusing look, but didn't say anything. Christopher and Seth both looked back at Layla.

Somehow, tears were coming out of my eyes. I don't why it is. Is it because I'm thinking about what happened last year, or is it because I'm making a fast move onto Christopher? Christopher looked back at me again and wiped my tears with his thumb. Him touching me made me rubbed the circles faster on his stomach. He took a sharp breath and put his hand over mine. He leaned back into me, his hand still on mine. Everybody else is still paying attention to Layla.

The bell rang and Christopher and his friends got out of their seats to get to their last class. Tears came out of my eyes again as I watched him leave the library.

I felt someone put their arms around me from behind and pulled me into a tight hug. "It's okay, Brian," I heard Sophia say. "Just let it out."

I started to cry and Sophia said, "There, there. It's alright, Brian." Oh my God. What's wrong with me? I just can't fall for this guy right now. I just can't.