Chapter 23

Brian's P.O.V

"How's the soup?" I asked Chris.

"It was good." He leans back into the couch and looks at McKenzie, who's sleeping on the couch. "Looks like we tired this one out, huh?"

"Yeah, we sure did." I looked at the TV. "Now can we turn the damn movie off, please?"

"Absolutely." He walked over to the TV and shut the TV and the DVD player off. "I had enough of these damn Barbie movies."

"Me too." I leaned back in my chair. "So what do you want to do now?"

"Want to watch more of The Mandalorian?" he asked.

I hesitated before answering, "Yeah, sure."

"Great." He sits back down on the couch and pulled out his phone out of his pocket.

"Want to watch it in my room instead so that we should let McKenzie sleep?" I asked. I really wanted to spend more time with him alone.

He nodded his head and I smiled, happy that he said yes. "Okay. Just let me put everything away, okay?"

He nodded his head again and got off the couch to go upstairs. I gathered the bowls and spoons and put them in the sink before going upstairs to my room.

Chris is sitting on my bed, with the blankets pulled down. I stood there in the doorway, looking at him. God, he's so beautiful. I would do anything to touch his body and kiss him right here, right now. But then I remembered we have to take things slow. I can't believe I almost kissed him in the kitchen. It's a good thing McKenzie interrupted us before we actually did.

"Brian, are you gonna come over here or are you just going to stand there, checking me out?" he asked.

I smiled and went over to him. He was going to play the next episode when I stopped him and said, "Chris, I wanna asked you something."

"Okay. What is it?"

"Why did you tell my brother about what happened at the party and the day you said we needed to spend some time apart?"

He looked up at me. "How did you know?"

"He told me, Chris."

"He knew about our feelings for each other."

"What?" I looked at him flabbergasted. How did he know?"

"I think he figured it out on his own."

"How did he—" I started to ask how he figured it out, but then I remembered that Seth is really good at figuring things out on his own. He even figured it out I was gay before that asshole Malcolm outed me. "Nevermind."

"I'm sorry, Brian," he said.

"No, Chris. You don't have to apologize. I'm not mad. I was just curious, that's all." I went up to him and hugged him. Wow, he smells really nice.

"I know. I just..." He pulls back from me. "He was very unhappy about what happened at the party because you're still dealing what happened last year. And he knew that the entire time we weren't talking, it was going to hurt the both of us."

"Well, he was right about that," I said, remembering what he said to me a few days ago.

"Now, come on." Chris sits back against the headboard. "Let's go watch the show, shall we?"

I sat down next to him as he started to play an episode. About two episodes later, I could hear a light snore. I looked to see that Chris fell asleep on my shoulder. I sighed and smiled down at him. He looks so peaceful when he's asleep.