Chapter 19

I kept banging on the locker door for I don't know how long, but I stopped and leaned back in my locker defeated. How could someone do this to me? This year has gotten worse for me.

Then I thought who would've done it. Malcolm. Of course he would. Who else would've done it? When I get out of here, I'm going to kick his ass.

"Damn it!" I kicked the locker door and sighed. Great. I'm going to be stuck in here for a while. I just hope that someone will notice that I'm gone and they'll find me soon.

I don't know why, but I'm starting to freak out right now. I feel like the walls are coming closer to me. I started to hyperventilate and tears started to come out of my eyes. I could feel the sweat coming down my body.

Oh God. Oh God. My hands are starting to get clammy and the walls keep coming closer. I started to bang on the door again. "Someone let me out of here please!"

Finally, the door opened and I jumped out, knocking into someone who put their arms around me. I didn't care who it was, I'm just happy I got out of there.

"Thank you for opening the locker, Alan," I heard Mrs. Gray said.

"No problem, Mrs. Gray," the janitor said.

"You should be thanking Brian. If he didn't see Gabriella push Christopher in the locker, we would've never found him," I heard someone else say.

Brian? Gabriella? I looked up to see the person that was holding onto me. There stood Brian looking right at me, with tears pooling under his eyes. I looked around the hallway. Mrs. Gray is standing there with her arms crossed, with Mr. Seong standing next to Gabriella, with his hand on her shoulder.

"Now, Gabriella. Is there anything you would like to say to Christopher?" Mrs. Gray asked.

"I'm sorry," she muttered under her breath.

"Good. Now go upstairs to detention right now," Mrs. Gray ordered her.

She scoffed and walked to detention.

"Come on, Brian. Let's go back to class," Mr. Seong said.

Brian tightened his grip on me. For some reason, he doesn't want to let go of me.

"I will walk Christopher back to his class, Brian," Mrs. Gray said.

Brian nodded his head and walked to his class with Mr. Seong. I grabbed my book report out of my locker and walked to my English class with Mrs. Gray.

"Were you scared, Christopher? I saw you shaking a little," Mrs. Gray said.

I nodded my head.

"I would've been scared too. I'm not a huge fan of being in small spaces."

"Well, it took you guys long enough to get me out of my locker," I said.

Mrs. Gray gave me a look. "You were only in there for about two minutes."

What the hell? Only two minutes? It took longer than that. "Well, it took forever," I said.

Mrs. Gray laughed. "It probably did."

We went to Mrs. Baxter's room where she's in the middle of a lesson. She stopped when we entered and Mrs. Gray told Mrs. Baxter what happened. A couple of kids snickered and Mrs. Baxter gave them a glare, shutting them up.

"Thank you, Mrs. Gray," Mrs. Baxter said.

After Mrs. Gray left the room, I handed my book report to Mrs. Baxter and sat down in my seat. Mrs. Baxter got back into doing the lesson. For the rest of the class, all I kept thinking about is Brian and how he kept his grip on me. Was he scared that I was going to get hurt again? All I did was get pushed into a locker. If anyone was going to get scared about it, it should be me.

"Chris!"

I jumped up in my seat and looked to see Seth standing over me.

"Didn't you hear the bell ring?" he asked me.

I looked around to see everyone leaving. How long have I been zoned out for?

"No, I just got a lot on my mind," I admitted.

He nodded his head. "Yeah, I can see that. C'mon, let's get out of here."

I gathered my things and followed Seth out of class. As I was getting everything for my next class out of my locker, I heard someone ask, "So how are you doing, Christopher?"

I turned to see Mr. Seong behind me. "Good." I answered him. I grabbed my things out of my locker and shut it.

"Well that's good to hear. I was kind of worried about you for a minute." He looked around at my friends. "You guys might wanna keep a close eye on him in case something like this happens to him again. Understand?"

"Yes, Eugene," Emma murmured under her breath.

Mr. Seong turned to her. "Emma, I told you, when we're at school, call me Mr. Seong." He patted her on the head. "See you guys later."

We said our goodbyes and went to our next class. As we sat down in our seats, I asked Emma, "How do you know Mr. Seong so well?"

She looked at me with a dumbfounded look on her face. "What? What made you think I know him so well?"

"You called him by his first name."

"Well, everyone knows his first name, Chris," she said.

"Just tell him the truth, Emma," Rachel said.

Emma sighed. "Okay, fine. He's...dating one of my uncles."

"He's what?" I was surprised by what she said.

"Dating one of my uncles," she repeated.

"Mr. Seong is gay?" I asked. Why am I in complete shock about this?

"Yeah, he is," Layla said.

"You seem shocked by it, Chris," Danielle said.

"Well, it's just...he's too handsome to be gay."

"So are you, Chris," Layla whispered under her breath.

He's too handsome to be gay? What the hell was I thinking?

Our science teacher started the class and I tried to pay attention, but my mind kept going back to Brian, with his hands on me, tightening his grip on me, tears coming out of his eyes. I kept wondering why he did that. Was he so scared I was going to get hurt again? The last time I got actually hurt was when Malcolm gave me a brushed rib. Maybe that's what's worrying him.

♥️♥️♥️

Feel free to comment if you like.