Chapter 35

I walked over to Gabriella and stood right in front of her. Her head is still down with her knees up and her arms wrapped around her legs.

"Gabriella?"

She looks up at me. Her eyes are red and tears are coming down her face.

"What do you want?" she snapped at me.

"Wow, okay. We're gonna start like this?" I asked.

Gabriella scoffed and sat down on the bed she was sitting next to. Crap, the bed was hers.

"I have nothing to say to you," she said.

"You know, Gabriella, my parents always tells me I shouldn't bottle up my feelings," I said

She looks at me. "Why do you care about my feelings?"

"Maybe because unlike you, I care about other people's feelings," I said, crossing my arms.

She glared at me for a moment, but then her face softened. She gestured me to sit on the other bed. I sat down and waited for her to tell me.

She sighed before saying, "My mom and I haven't had a good relationship ever since my dad left us. It gotten worse when she married Colin and we have to move here."

"May I asked how that happened?" I asked.

"How what happened?"

"You and your mother not getting along."

"I just told you, Chris. It was when my mom kicked my dad out of the house."

"How did you know she kicked him out? He could've left on his own."

"Layla and I saw the whole thing."

"Oh."

We both sat there in silence. She started to pick at her blanket. "That's when I got really pissed at her for kicking him out. I thought they would work things out like adults, that I thought my dad would come back and apologize for everything. But then she met Colin." She rolled her eyes after she said that.

"What's wrong with Colin? He's a nice guy," I said.

"I don't know." Gabriella shook her head. "I mean, they only started dating a week after my dad left us and Sophia's mom died from a terminal illness. Sometimes, I think to myself if Colin's ever going to end up like my dad and is going to leave her too."

"That's it?"

"Our relationship got alot worse when I started to hang out with Malcolm."

"Why do you even hang out with him?" I asked.

"Because I can," she snapped.

"Gabriella, I'm not in the mood right now," I said.

Gabriella scoffed. "Okay. Maybe it's because Ramona hangs out with him and Jarrod because their parents are friends."

"Okay. And the sneaking out on Sunday?"

"I kind of been seeing someone for a while."

"Tell me it's not Malcolm."

"No, it is not fucking Malcolm."

"Okay, I was just asking."

"Anyway, the only reason my mom found out was because Malcolm told her. I mean, he always does this: getting other people in trouble and telling their secrets. That's why I only wanted to hangout with Brian and throw him this party just to piss Malcolm off."

I leaned back on my hands. So Gabriella only wanted to hangout with Brian just to piss Malcolm off. That's a relief.

"And the fight you and your mom had earlier?" I asked.