Chapter 25

We got to the Walker's house after hearing about twenty minutes listening to Johnny Cash. Brian turned his pickup off and the three of us jumped out of it and walked into the house. Mr. Walker is sitting in the living room with the rest of Brian's and Seth's brothers and sisters.

"Hey, boys," Mr. Walker said.

"Hey, Dad," Seth said. He sat down next to McKenzie and their five year old sister Jordan on the couch.

"You boys got homework?" Mr. Walker asked.

"Chris and I got done with our homework during study hall," Seth said.

"Brian?"

"Just Math, but I'll do it after supper," Brian said. He took my arm and walked me to the stairs. "Chris and I are going to be upstairs."

"Okay," Mr. Walker said as Brian takes me upstairs to his room. He puts his backpack next to his bed. He then puts my backpack next to his and sits me down on the edge of his bed.

"I got something for you," he said. He went into his closet and comes out with a wrapped present. "I couldn't wait for Saturday since you invited me today and I just couldn't wait for that day to come. And I just got this in the mail yesterday, so here you go."

I took the present from him and opened it. I looked up at Brian when I saw what it was. "A Lance Bass puppet," I said.

"Yeah, after you left on Saturday, I went into Amazon and saw that they have it, so I quickly bought it. I only bought the Lance one cause I know he's your favorite." He sits down next to me. "You don't have one of those, don't you?"

"No. Thank you so much."

"It's nothing, Chris. I just wanted to get you something special." He looks  me in the eyes. "Just like you."

I didn't know what I was thinking, but I grabbed his face and gave him a quick kiss. When I pulled back from him, I realized what I just did. Brian looked really shocked and for a minute there I thought he was going to get mad.

"I, um..." I tried to apologize, but then he surprised me by grabbing me by my waist and straddling me onto his lap.

"I'm going to let this one slide since it's your birthday," he said. "Just try not to go too far, okay?"

I nodded my head and he smiled. "Good."

He brushed his lips against mine and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Brian pulled back a little, then pressed his lips against mine again. Man, I forgot how soft he was. He rubbed his hands up and down my back. I broke the kiss as I grazed my teeth against his jaw. I can hear Brian chuckling as I was doing it. I pressed my mouth against his again, then I pulled away from him, smiling. He has a smile on his face too.

"That was great, wasn't it?" he asked.

"Better than last time, huh?" I asked. My face fell when I realized what I just asked. The last time Brian and I kissed, he cried and we both agreed that we shouldn't speak to each other for a while. I looked down at Brian, who's giving me a look.

"I'm, I'm sorry," I said.

"No, Chris. It's fine." He laid me down on his bed and went over to the door to close it before coming back to the bed and laid down next to me. "We're past that now. Let's just focus on what we're right now."

"You're sure?" I asked.

"Yes, Chris. We should." He puts his hand under my shirt and rubs my stomach with it. "I want to focus on the present right now and not in the past. And besides..." He leaned closer to my ear and whispered, "I'm glad that you were the first person I kissed after everything that happened."

"Really?" I took a sharp breath when he traced his fingers down my stomach.

"Yeah, Chris." He takes my hand and puts it under his shirt. "Cause of you, I think I'm finally getting over what happened last year."

"That's so cliche, isn't it?" I started to rub his stomach.

"What?"

"Well, there's like a story that this one person has trouble getting over something that happened in their past until they meet this one special person. You know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I think I do." He traced his hand lower and touched the waistband of my jeans.

"Brian, what happened to taking things slow?" I asked as he traced his fingers above my jeans. I arched my back and used my other hand to grab the sheets.

"Don't worry, Chris. I'm not going to touch it. Yet." He traced his hand up my chest and used his thumb to stroke one of my nipples.

"Brian," I said when I stopped my hand at his stomach.

"Yes, Chris?"

I turned to my side and looked at him. "What are we doing here?"

"What do you mean?" He stopped rubbing my stomach.

"I mean, what I'm saying here is that, I thought we were supposed to take things slow, but we kissed and now we're rubbing each other's bodies."

"Chris, like I said, I was going to let it slide because it's your birthday and it's one of my presents to you," he said.

"So the puppet wasn't enough?" I asked.

"Nope." He kissed the tip of my nose. "Just to give you something you would like the most."

I smiled and cupped his face with my hands. "Thanks, Brian."

He smiled. "You're welcome. And happy birthday, Chris."

"It's your birthday?"

Brian and I jumped up and looked to see Brian's mom and dad in the doorway with the door open. Oh crap. Did they just hear our conversation?

"Well, is it, Chris?" Mrs. Walker—I mean Penelope asked.

"Uh, yeah," I said, sitting straight up.

"Well, happy birthday, Chris," she said. "But shouldn't you be celebrating it with your family right now?"

"No, my parents are working late, so we're going to celebrate it on Saturday."

"Oh, well, why don't you let me make something for your birthday," Penelope said.

"Penelope, I don't think he wants that," Mr. Walker said.

"No, it's fine," I said.

"See, Jason," Penelope said to Mr. Walker. She turns back to Brian and me. "What would you like?"

"Spaghetti and meatballs," I said.

"Okay, then well, why don't we leave you two alone? Come on, Jason." Penelope takes Jason by his hand and they leave the room.

Brian looks back at me. "You know, you really didn't have to—" he started to say, but I pressed my fingers against his mouth.

"It's fine, Brian. And besides, I like your family. And maybe I wanted to spend more time with you."

He smiled and nuzzled into my neck. "Oh, you."

I giggled and wrapped my arms around him. "So, what did you want to do now?"

"Watch more of The Mandalorian?" he suggested.

I smiled. "Yeah. You're starting to like that show, don't you?"

He nodded his head and I smiled at him and pulled my phone out to watch it. We watched a few episodes until Penelope called saying dinner is ready.

♥️♥️♥️

Feel free to comment if you like.