Chapter 53

I put the flowers down on his grave. I looked up at it. I can't believe he's been gone for a while. Part of me wanted to just shut down and not live in this world anymore. Why did he even do this? I wish he could tell me what was going on so that I can get him help.

"Brian?"

I turned my head to the voice. I blinked so many times that I couldn't believe who the person is. It couldn't be...

"Elliott?" I got up and walked over to him.

Is this for real? Is he right in front of me? I looked back at the grave. This has gotta be a joke right?

"I'm still dead, Brian. I'm just a figment of your imagination," he said as if he read my mind.

"Oh." I put my head down.

I felt him put his hands on my shoulders. I looked up to see he had a smile on his face.

"I'm proud of you," he said.

"For what?" I'm so confused.

"For trying to move on."

I took a deep breath. "Honestly, I didn't want to at first. But then, something happened and I..." I blinked trying to hold back my tears.

Elliott pulled me to him and gave me a hug. "It's okay, Brian. I know why you're doing this?"

"You do?"

"Yeah. It's nice to see you're doing this for Chris. You care about him, don't you?"

"I do."

Elliott pulled me away from him and put his hand on my cheek. Oh, I miss his touch so much. I miss it so much it makes me cry.

"Hey, now. Don't cry." He wiped my tears away.

"Oh, God, Elliott. This is all my fault."

"What is?"

"If I had known what you were going through, you wouldn't have done this."

"Brian, you're upset about this because you think this is your fault?"

"Yes." I cried harder.

"Brian, it's not your fault. I don't tell you what was going on because I was ashamed."

"Ashamed of what?"

"Ashamed of what was going on. I use the death of my grandma to hide my depression. I didn't tell you because you wouldn't understand. You never dealt with this the same way I had. And also, you weren't the one who told me to get in the car and turn it on. I did that myself. You see, Brian, you can't blame yourself for this because it was all me."

"No, it wasn't." I wiped my tears away. "It was those assholes' fault. They were the ones who drove you to it. And I'll never forgive them for what they did."

"Brian, you don't have to if you don't want to. But you have to move on from the past, or you'll be angry for the rest of your life."

He's right, but it's going to be hard for me to move on. I have to take it step by step for me to get over this.

"Does he make you happy?" Elliott asked.

"He does." I never thought I would admit it until he and I spent a lot of time together. But a part of me still can't let go.

"I'm happy for you." He smiled at me.

"Will I ever get to see you again?" I asked.

"Maybe, from time to time, but not as often," he said. "Which is okay because I'll always be with you in your memories and heart."

I looked back at the grave. It was so nice to hear those words from him. It was just what I needed to hear him say.

"I'm going to let you go now," he said.

"What do you mean?" I looked back at him, but instead of Elliott, it's Chris.

I smiled at the majestic boy standing in front of me. I can't believe he's here right now. This is how it should be right now: not me grieving over Elliott, me being with Chris.

I looked to see Elliott is behind Chris. He smiled at me before he disappeared.

I looked back at Chris who's grinning at me and he put his hands on my shoulders. Tears came out of my eyes as I placed my hands on his hips. My breath shuddered as I leaned closer to him. I closed my eyes when I placed my lips on him.

I opened my eyes, my arms wrapped around Chris. I smiled at him as he lay there, still sleeping. When we got in the house, we went straight to his room and started to kiss. Then of course his cousin Natalia wanted to Skype with him. She calls to tell him that Katherine, Shaun, and Jackson are also coming up for Christmas. Chris was so giddy to hear her say that, by the time they hung up, he sprang on me and kissed me again. After we got done, he started to get really tired, so I pulled his blanket over us and we both fell asleep.

I pushed his hair away from his face and smiled down at him. Ever since Elliot died, there's one thing that has been missing-and that is hope. I used to think that hope was for idiots, but I hoped for one thing, and it might actually happen.

The door opens and Mrs. Carrera enters the room with a laundry basket. She stopped when she saw me.

"Hi," she said.

"Hi," I said.

She puts the laundry basket next to his bed. "I just came down here to give Chris his clothes and to have to wake him up because we will have supper. You're welcome to join if you want.

"Okay."

She smiled at me before leaving the room. I looked to see it's quarter to five. Damn, so I've been asleep for a few hours, huh?

I lightly shake Chris's shoulder. He moved a little before opening his eyes. He looked up at me and smiled softly. I smiled back at him.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Almost supper time."

He rubbed his eyes and looked at his alarm clock then looked back up at me.

"Are you going to stay for supper?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm not going anywhere."

He smiled at me again. "Good."

I grinned and leaned down to kiss him. He kissed me back and thrust his tongue in my mouth. We then pulled back and looked at each other's eyes. His eyes are glowing very bright, like he's in love with me.

Maybe there is hope after all.

♥️♥️♥️

Feel free to comment if you like.