Chapter 42

I stared at them in shock. "You know?!" I asked.

"Yes, Chris. We did," Dad said.

I couldn't believe what I just heard. My parents knew I was gay this whole time?! What else do they know?

"How...how did you know?" I asked.

"We're your parents; we know everything," Dad said.

"Well, that's not exactly how we know, Chris," Mom said.

"Well, then how'd you know?" I asked them.

"It was when you were in the seventh grade and we were watching Captain America and your eyes widened and you were drooling at Chris Evans," Mom said.

"Oh my God," I said, feeling embarrassed. I can hear my brothers and sisters laughing behind me.

"Not also that, Chris. We noticed when you were hanging around with Seth's brother. What's his name again, honey?" Dad asked Mom.

"Brian," Mom said.

"Yes. Brian," Dad said.

"You guys know and you didn't tell me?!" I asked.

"We wanted you to tell us," Mom said.

I still can't believe this. This is happening so fast.

"What do you guys think?" I asked.

"What do we think? We're just happy you came out to us, son," Dad said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes. Why wouldn't we be?" he asked.

"Well, I thought it was because we haven't seen Uncle Joey in years because you guys didn't accept him," I said.

"That's not why we haven't seen him in years," Grandpa said.

"Oh. Then what's the reason?"

Mom, Dad, and Grandpa all looked at each other. "Maybe your aunt Isabelle should tell you instead," Grandpa said.

"Okay."

"Now, Chris, is there a reason why you're telling us this?" Mom asked.

I felt someone nudged me. I looked to see Mariah handing me my computer. I took it from her and showed it to them. "This is why."

Mom, Dad, and Grandpa looked at the screen. Mom and Dad both looked shocked and Grandpa's face looks like it's about to explode.

"What the fuck is this?" Grandpa asked.

Nate and Jacob covered their ears after he said that.

Mom gets up from the table and grabs the phone. "I'm calling his parents right now." She pulls out the phone book and opens it to find the number. She dialed the number and pressed the phone to her ear. "No answer." She dialed the number again and pressed it to her ear. "No answer." She puts the phone away. "Do you know if the Berry's are going somewhere, Chris?"

"No," I said.

"This is great? Now what?" Mom asked.

"We could kick Malcolm's ass later," Grandpa said.

"That's not gonna help, Dad," Dad said.

"It would help me," Grandpa said.

"That's not gonna happen, Esteban. We'll probably talk to his parents about it on Monday," Mom said.

"That's gonna take a while. I wanna kick someone's ass now," Grandpa complained.

"Kick your own," Mia said.