Chapter 12

We walked into the house and I saw a few people in the living room. I looked around for my friends, but I didn't see them anywhere.

"Hey, you guys made it." Jack came up to us and smiled.

"Yay," I heard Malcolm sarcastically say under his breath.

Jack looked back at Malcolm and gave him a glare before looking back at us. "All of your friends are downstairs in the basement playing pool."

"Cool." Tristan went to the basement with Kalani, Michelle, Spencer, Emma, and Xavier following him.

I was about to follow them when I heard someone say, "Hey, Christopher."

I turned and see an Asian girl with ombre red hair at the tip of her black hair. She's sitting on the couch next to a chubby Asian guy.

"Hi," I said. "Do I know you two?"

"No, but we know you from your sister. We're both in the play with her." She reached out her hand to me and I shook it. "I'm Tanisha Wu and this is my brother Wilbur."

"Nice to meet you two."

"Want some whiskey?" A girl with reddish hair held out a bottle of whiskey to me.

"Kayla, what have I told you about offering people alcohol?" Brent asked.

"Sorry."

"It's fine. I don't drink anyway," I said.

"What do you know, Malcolm? You were right: he is a prude." Gabriella and Malcolm both laughed.

I looked at them with narrowed eyes. What the hell are these two problems? I don't understand why they have to be complete jerks. I haven't anything to them-well besides calling Malcolm a dick-but he started it. I don't know what I was thinking, but I took the bottle of whiskey out of Kayla's hand and started to drink out of it.

"Whoa, easy there, Chris!" Wilbur said.

As I drank the whiskey, I tried to swallow it, but I can't; it tasted terrible. I needed to spit it out, but I don't want to spit it back into the bottle. Now I know where I should spit it out. I gave the bottle back to Kayla, walked right up to Gabriella and Malcolm—and spit right into their faces.

"What the hell?" Malcolm yelled.

Everybody started to laugh, even Ramona and Jarrod.

"You did that on purpose, you ass!" Gabriella yelled.

"No, no. I spit it out by accident. I spit on you two on purpose."

Everybody is still laughing when Jack opens the door to the stairs that go down the basement. "Your friends are down here, Chris."

"Thanks." I went down the stairs and looked around the basement when I got down there. There are deer antlers hanging on the wall, a television set, some video games, a foosball table, a pool table, a mini bar, and a storage room full of junk.

I looked to see Brian, Tristan, and Spencer playing pool at the table with everybody else watching. Sophia looked over to me and smiled. "Hey, Chris. What took you so long to get down here?" She walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"Just meeting some people, that's all," I said.

"Did Malcolm or Gabriella bothered you at all?" Spencer asked.

"A little bit, but I got back at them," I grinned.

"What did you do?" Kalani asked.

"I spit some whiskey into their faces." Danielle and Layla both spit out their drinks when I said that.