Chapter 11

"So you're going to your first high school party, huh?" Natalia asked me.

"Yeah, I am."

I'm skyping with my old friends on Saturday. We spent about an hour talking about school and my new friends. I haven't told them about Brian yet, but I'm planning to.

"Oh, man, the four of us will never get invited to one of these," Jackson whined.

"You will, Jackson," I said.

"Yeah, right," he muttered under his breath.

"So anything else going on in your life?" Shaun asked.

"Not much."

"Oh, come on, Chris. No cute guys at your school?" Natalia said.

"Well, there's this one guy."

"Oh my God, what's his name?" she asked.

"His name is Brian."

"What does he look like?" Katherine asked.

I picked out one of my Backstreet Boys t-shirts out of my dresser and pointed to one of them. "He kind of looks like this one, but younger."

"And his name is Brian too?" Natalia asked. "Weird."

"Yeah, I know." I put my shirt back in my dresser.

"Hey, do you think it will be really funny if he was actually named after him?" Jackson asked.

"Absolutely not."

"So, how did you two meet?" Katherine asked.

"Well, I was about to be beaten up by this one guy, but then Brian saved me from him."

"Why was this guy about to beat you up?" Jackson asked.

"I called him a dick because he called me a suck up."

"Suck up. Really?" Shaun asked.

"Yeah, I know."

"Why would he called you a suck up?" Katherine asked.

"Let's just say I kind of helped out the new principal with her speech at the assembly on our first day of school."

"What else do you know about this Brian guy?" Natalia asked me.

"Well, that's he's a junior and he's one of my friends' brother."

"That's it?" Katherine asked me.

"Yeah, that's about it." I then remembered what Seth told me. "Oh yeah, and he's kind of dealing with something that happened last year."

"What happened?" Jackson asked.

"I don't know. I'm guessing he won't tell me unless he wants to tell me."

"Huh." Jackson leaned back onto Natalia's bed.

"Anything else happened between you two?" Katherine asked.

"Well, he made a couple of moves on me, but that's it."

"That's great! That's means he wants you then!" Natalia said.

I nodded my head. I didn't want to tell them that everytime Brian does that, he ends up crying. I don't know why that is. Maybe it's because he doesn't know if he feelings for me or not.

I heard a knock on my door. "Come in."

The door opened and Jacob poked his head in my room. "A guy named Tristan is here to pick you up."

I looked at the time to see it's 6:30. "Thanks, Jake."

Jake smiled and got out of my room.

I turned back to my computer. "I gotta go. Bye, guys."

They all said their goodbyes before I shut my computer off and went upstairs.

Tristan is standing in the doorway, where my mom is scolding him. "Now, I want him home before midnight. Understand?"

"Yes, ma'am," Tristan said.

"Good." Then she turned to me. "And no drinking or any other stuff you're not supposed to be doing. Got that, mister."

"Yes, Mom."

"Good." She kissed me on the cheek. "Have fun, okay?"

I walked out the door with Tristan. "Your mom's something, huh?" he asked me.

"Like your parents aren't worried you'll be something bad at a party," I said.

"Yeah, they are."

We both walked to a white van. "Is this your car?" I asked him.

"Oh no. This is my parents car. I'm using this one to also drive Michelle, Kalani, Spencer, Emma, and Xavier to the party."

"Oh, okay."

Tristan opened the door for me and I went inside. Michelle and Spencer are sitting in the middle seats with Kalani sitting in the front, and Emma and Xavier are sitting in the backseat. Emma and Xavier both looked at me when I sat down on the passenger side then they looked out of the window. Great. It's still awkward between us, isn't it? I still remembered what Brian told me, and I guess I'll just have to wait until they get used to it.

The ride to Jack's house is quiet, except for the music playing on the radio. I looked to see Tristan holding onto Kalani's hand while he's driving. I wish I had someone who could hold my hand like Tristan is holding Kalani's.

I looked out the window to see that we have been driving for a while. "Where does Jack live?" I asked.

"He lives far out of town," Tristan said. "We will be there soon, Chris."

I leaned back in my seat and looked at Emma and Xavier. Emma has her head on Xavier's shoulder while Xavier is looking out the window. He put his hand up and started to stroke Emma's hair. Emma sighed and put her head farther up on his shoulder.

I continue to stare at them. The way that Emma has her head on Xavier's shoulder and he's just letting her and stroking her hair, I wonder if these two have feelings for each other.

Finally, we arrived at Jack's house. We got out of the van and I got a good look at Jack's house. It's a gray brick house that has a trampoline in front of the house. I noticed there's a barn and two dogs ran out of it and jumped right on Tristan.

"Whoa, easy there!" he said. The dogs then run back to the barn.

"Let's go inside, guys," Michelle said, running to the house.

"Coming, Chris?" Spencer asked.

I nodded my head and went with them to the house.

♥️♥️♥️

Feel free to comment of you like.