Phantom Blood 11

A letter from the past part3

"Father I am traveling to London for three days." Jonathan stated as you stood next to him leaning in the door frame. "Promise me you will only accept treatment from these physicians." Jonathan gestured to the men, medics standing in a straight line behind him.

"Master do you not trust me to nurse you back to health?" The old butler asked depressed. You kind of felt really bad for him, because nothing was his fault he just got roped into this mess by that Dio!

"Please do as Jojo says." George agreed, avoiding eye contact with you. "I know not his intentions but I trust my son."He said coughing at the end.

"Father!" Jonathan was touched, you knew it.

He is getting worse you thought. I am not able to heal the damage caused by drugs, so I will have to support Jonathan for now. He may need an antidote.

You were sitting in the carriage with Jonathan, both of you deep in thought until Jonathan clenched the fist with the unknown powder.

"Jonathan. You trust me do you?" You asked absentmindedly.

"Of course I do Y/N! I would trust you with my life." He replied

"Jonathan, please. We both know that your own life in your point of view is something you do not value as much as the lives of those you care about. So I am going to ask another question, would you trust me with the live of someone you love?" Your eyes shifted to his, darkening.

"Yes I would!" He said.

Slowly the carriage started moving to your destination; silence fell upon the both of you as you continued to stare out of the window, seeing fog and the white mass.

"Jonathan do you know, where I am going with this?" You continued.

"I do not." He replied shortly.

"Some day, when you have got children please make me the god-mother." You trailed off

"What?! What are you thinking Y/N?! I am still young!"He was waving his hands frantically. "But if I do, of course. You can be the god-mother of all my descendants, if you want."

"I take you by the word; write it in your testimony." You grinned.

"So Jonathan since you trust me so much, why don't you tell what you did on the library that day. Usually you do not go out of your room at all."

"I see, you won't let this slide, will you?"

"Correct, Jonathan." You hummed. You saw that Jonathan was weighing his options after a while he spoke up again:

"My mother once worked on an Aztec Stone Mask and I plan to continue her researches." Jonathan grinned. "My mother must be really intelligent, huh?"