Vento Aureo 1

Golden Wind

Soft accordion music was playing in the background, the warm Mediterranean breeze and bright sun shining down on Naples left the impression of a gentle and dreamlike tourist town, covering up the dark secrets one would not want to be associated with.

The cars pass by the road while the people tourists and citizens alike walked casually on the sidewalk, being able to look down the pristine blue waters, on looking at the old castle like structure on the cliff.

A few streets away from shore a teenager, a young man in a violet- pink suit, with purple check-like print at the rim of his coat, was stalking down the street leisurely, hands in his pockets. In all honesty he stood out in the crowd because not only his handsome and youthful features but also his bright blonde hair that was styled into a long braid in the back and his bangs that were curled into three rolls at his forehead. He walked past people, not sparing them much more than one glance as he passed the hospital towards the crossroads, catching brief snippets of the conversation of others.

"Hey, mister! This is the best deal you are going to find in town!" A vendor exclaimed loudly, seeing that the tourist was slowly falling for his trap, while he continued to present his items on the well used rack on the sidewalk.

"That is exactly what the other guy said." The tourist mumbled in confusion, while his wife stood next to him full of doubt.

"Then as a bonus, I will give you a tour of the city!" the vendor offered, opening his arms.

"Seriously?" the man peaked up curiously, not noticing how a man appeared behind him. In that moment without anyone noticing the man made a quick turn, snatching away the woman's hand bag, having cut it with a sharp pocket knife, hiding the bag from their view with his body, before exiting the scene smoothly without raising the attention of his victims.

"Hilarious." The woman snickered as the pocket thief turned the corner, disappearing. Reaching for her bag, she looked around in surprise, then in horror. "Huh-What?" She gasped looking around everywhere before turning to her husband.

"What is wrong?"

"My bag is gone!" She realized.

"WHAT?"

-

"Here you go." A shop owner said cheerfully, handing the local police officer some money illegally, tipping him off.

"So any changes lately?" The officer asked him, not actually caring that much, pocketing the dirty money.

"not at all, thanks to you." The black haired shop owner replied, rubbing his hands together with a well practiced fake smile.

"I see." The police officer replied tipping the rim of his hat, turning around walking off. "Sorry to have bothered you." Nobody seems to have cared for the small exchange, but the certain blonde stopped a bit in his tracks, having listened in a bit out of curiosity a bit out of awareness of the situation before he continued his way, down plastered stairs into a dark alleyway.

Noticing a man towering over a boy by a head, the older did not seem to mind raising his voice. "This is what you want, right?" He asked the other smugly.

"Yeah!" The shorter agreed enthusiastically, holding out some money, quivering. "Oh, but this is all I have right now." He admitted, staring longingly at the white powder the other held in his right hand, neatly packaged in a see-through plastic bag.