Phantom Blood 16

Overdrive

"Jojo!" Erina called the young Joestar. After hearing about the news of the Joestar mansion burning with you vanishing and only Speedwagaon and Jonathan remaining. She took it onto herself nursing and caring for him to get over your disapeariance and his father's death as well as a few minor burns.

"Erina!" Jonathan responded happily walking up to the blonde beauty in her navy colored dress. She looked ravishing.

Both were going on a walk, leaving Speedwagon behind, as Jonathan was deep in thought. Yes, he really enjoyed the company of Erina very much but he kept on wondering about you, where have you gone to? Are you safe? He knew you were a woman which was capable of handling herself very well even better than he could himself probably. However after Speedwagon told him of your break down after processing the news of his father's death concerned him greatly. He still had to tell you his father's last words, it was a promise after all.

Somehow, like his intuition told him he turned around looking back seeing a middle aged man with black hair and mustache in a white coat and a black and white checked top hat and white cloak leaning onto the wooden fence. Seeing that the lad had noticed him he turned around walking behind the next ccorner disappearing from view behind the green bushes.

Who is he? Jonathan thougth suspiciously. He has been following us.

"Is something wrong?" Erina piped up next to him seeing his worried face.

"No everything is fine..."He wanted to reply but as he saw the strange man sitting in front of them on a small stone wall on their left eating a sandwich casually, Jonathan stopped in his tracks.

"Mr Jonathan Joestar, "He spoke up looking at the shocked man. "And the lady must be Miss Erina Pendleton. Suddenly he jumped in the air, way too high for a normal human to accomplish heading for Jonathan. "You did well to survive against the mask's power!" He shouted as Jonathan's eyes widened in surprise. AT that moment the man rammed his right pinky in Jonathan's body knocking the air out of him.

"Jojo!" Erina shouted at his painful expression.

"That is right lad. Squeeze every bit of air out of your lungs." The unknown man instructed Jonathan feel onto his knees to the ground. Without second thoughts Erina rushed to his side:

"Jojo! How could you!!" She asked the man enraged. However he only went back to get more pepper on his sandwich.

"The breathlessness is only temporary. No need to worry, milady." He answered relaxed.

"What on earth!" Jonathan exclaimed, his body...What is happening?

"Baron Zeppeli at your service." He smirked triumphantly. "Courage alone won't defeat the mask."

Jonathan noticed the changes on his body. "I can lift this rock without trouble."

"That is incredible!" Erina answered breathlessly. Jonathan was lifting a heavy rock like it was nothing with only one hand.

"What did you do to me? Who are you?" Jonathan questioned him.