Phantom Blood 20

The dark knights; Part3:

Under water Jonathan was in desperate need of air but with Blueford as an opponent he could not afford to risk to swim up to the surface.

I need to breathe to create Hamon! Just one breath! Those thoughts filled his head.

"Go swim to the surface!" We are equally matched. You cannot breathe and my armor is weighs me down." Blueford offered generously. "I won't you use my sword. We shall duell as heroes! Make your move before it is too late. Or else you will drown!"

Jonathan's hand touched his throat thinking deeply. Can I make it to the surface before he does? What are the odds? But then unlike other men who would have struggled towards the surface in agony he decided to swim deeper instead to the bottom of the lakebed.

"What is he thinking?" Blueford furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Then Jonathan remembered the word of his beloved father. "Danny won't let go of your gun? It is because you are trying to take it away. Change you thinking. Try giving it to Danny instead. With his word in mind he reached the bottom.

Windknight's Lot is a coal town. That means the ground settled long ago. There! He saw gas leaking underneath a stone. There must be a rock with air trapped beneath it from when it was above water. Y/N graciously provided us with enough background information on Windknight's Lot for an entire to fill a whole book. Who knew it would actually come in handy when she told us during our carriage ride after hearing our destination.

I found it! The air rose from the boulder. With one breath....Cut finely beat of my blood!

"Impossible!" Blueford exclaimed not believing it.

"The tables have turned you states above the water. "I am sure Jonathan recalled the information I told him in advance. Speedwagon might be fast and has his ears around town but he has a lot to learn Thanks to Erina and a few of her friend I was able to her the news sooner. Thank you Erina, for keeping open your ears and eyes. Nobody would mind a simple woman listening, that is why it is so easy to gather useful information as a woman...Background researches always are quite useful if you enter unknown areas, especially the territory of the enemy!"

When Jonathan used Hamon underwater it has a supporting effect. If he does not kill him there, Blueford has to retreat back to land. Hamon travels easily through water! Now Blueford is at a disadvantage. That is what he gets for underestimating my student! You smirked evilly.

"UNDERWATER TURQUOISE BLUE OVERDRIVE!!"

Blueford was send flying landing harshly on the shore.

"Jojo!" Speedwagon and Zeppeli shouted.

"He did it!" Poco cheered from behind one of the larger boulders.

"It is not over!" Jonathan stated getting on land safely. Unbelievable! He outpaced the Hamon rippling through water! He is like lightning! My Overdrive only scraped his head. Jonathan observed Blueford who was holding his bleeding forehead in anger. Jonathan clenched his fist in determination to defeat the enemy.