Phantom Blood 13

Youth with Dio

A thunderstorm came up as Dio decided to head back to the mansion. The door creaked as he opened it, entering the mansion carefully.

"Butlers! Why is it so dark in here?!" He shouted into the empty hallway. Something was wrong, he could feel it. No response was given. Weird.

He took a few steps forward but halted his steps immediately as somebody lit up a candle behind his back. It was no other than Jonathan Joestar himself.

"Jojo!" Dio exclaimed in shock, surprised seeing him still alive and kicking.

"I have proof of your devilish plot!" Jonathan stated never breaking eye contact. Dio's eyes widened and he gritted his teeth. He caught me! In the background you could hear rain drops crashing on the roof.

"I found the antidote."Jonathan continued setting down the candle holder on the table, now with three lit candles. "I gave it father moments ago. Dio I am heartbroken, so is Y/N. We were raised as brothers and now I must turn you in. I am sorry."

Sweat tickled down Dio's pale skin, where was Y/N?

"I am certain you do not believe me, Dio, but I can assure you my words are genuine."

Deep in thought Dio sat down on one of the armchairs, leaning back: "I would expect nothing less from you Jojo. However please tell me, where is Y/N? I thought she accompanied you to London?"

"She had some private matters to attend to, she left me in the company of an acquaintance to get the job done, she said she will return a few hours later than I do, she said she does not wish to see you anymore." Jonathan replied sternly.

Irritated, Dio's face darkened as he faced the cold floor. Why Y/N? Why would you leave me now?

"Jojo, my selfishness is shameful. Even Y/N does not even want to look at me anymore. But I have one finaly favor to ask. Please give me a bit more time. Time to turn myself in. I want to regain a bit of my honor so Y/N won't be disappointed in me forever!" He put his right hand to his heart, pleading to Jonathan.

What is this? Jonathan questioned Dio's strange behavior. I expected him to resist like a cornered beast!

Jojo how did you make it out of the slums alive?! Dio cursed in his mind. I will distract him long enough, then with one quick jab... "I regret everything!" Dio stood up keeping his façade. "My meager upbringing has made me greedy! I have been a fool to ignore Y/N's advice, she warned me! Poisoning out of greed the very man who raised me! That is why I came back...to confess! If I wanted to run, I could have gone anywhere!" Crocodile tears streamed down his face.

"That is true." Jonathan admitted.

"I want to make amends."Dio continued sliding his hand under his cloak.

"Dio...."Jonathan went towards him until someone spoke up from the shadows.

"Careful Jonathan! Do not believe a word that snake says." Speedwagon stated, lighting a match. "You look puzzled. Allow me to introduce myself; I am Robert E. O. Speedwagon, the meddler." He smirked grimly. "As well as the acquaintance Jonathan talked about. I was worried about Mr. Joestar so I followed him back from that London slum on the request of Lady Y/N! I like you and your naïve morality, Mr. Joestar. So I will let you in on something. I grew up in the worst slum you can imagine."He stalked towards them steadily. "I have known my good share of scumbags." He creeped closer to Dio. "I can sniff out the good from the bad and this guy stinks worse than a puddle of puke!!"