Diamond is Unbreakable 36

What happened previously:

"Then I will grab a taxi." You smiled, standing back up. "We see each other tomorrow?" You asked smiling as Jotaro and Joseph nodded as you left the room hurriedly, nearly flying down the hallway, passing the reception as you hailed a taxi. Smiling as you drove down the highway towards Morioh city, stopping in front of the Higashikata household, tipping the driver generously when he drove off after letting you off.

Taking a deep breath, you fixed your hair as you rang the door bell, waiting nervously, hearing Tomoko yelling at Josuke to open the damn door.

"Josuke I swear, move your lazy ass to open the door!" She huffed as you could hear the high school delinquent complaining from somewhere in the living room, as he then rushed through the hallway, ripping open the front door.

Time seemed to stop as his sky blue eyes connected with yours, blinking as they suddenly started filling with hot tears as he fell into your outstretched arms, as you enveloped him into a warm embrace, feeling him burying his face in your shoulder.

"Welcome home." He choked out as Tomoko popped her head through the kitchen door, leaning onto the door frame for support, nearly breaking out in tears as well. But simultaneously looking ready to give you an ear-full as you smiled at her gently, rubbing circles on Josuke's back.

"I am back home."

-

Bites the Dust Part 1

15th July (Thurs), 7:30PM

"I am back home." You smiled lightly, hugging the teenager as he tightened his grip, pulling you to his body. "I am sorry to have worried all of you." You apologized as Tomoko, felt herself getting emotional. "I would have never left of my own free will without telling you guys first." Continuing, you stared at the two as Tomoko blinked away her tears that formed in the corners of her eyes.

Holding her hand in front of her mouth, she bit back a sob as she rushed outside, joining her son and you in the group hug.

"Y/N-" She called out your name, still not believing that it was really you. "I thought you-"

"Hush, it is alright, I would not have abandoned you." You reassured, remembering the early days when you befriended the woman in front of you, a single mom, struggling in the world and how she would complain over the man that has left her and how she still loved him.

"Y/N...." She muttered as Josuke stared at you, looking over you, checking for any injuries, even though deep insight he knew, that no matter in how fierce a battle you would come back physically unscathed. "Are you alright?" He whispered. "I swear if anybody hurt you, I will beat them to a pulp." He gritted out, clenching his fist as you only chuckled, cupping his cheek as you saw his injuries.

"I am fine now; I made sure to finish up business together with Jotaro." You winked as Tomoko looked at the two of you in confusion while Josuke clicked his tongue. "But you sure grew up." You laughed. "I have not seen you for a few days and here you are looking all grown up." You chuckled in amusement as he hid his face in embarrassment fighting down the furious blush that spread over his face.

"Let's get you inside Y/N." Tomoko furrowed her eyebrows, beginning to push you into the welcoming home. "And you better explain everything truthfully, got it? We also got some leftovers from dinner; I can warm them up for you." She began scolding you as you threw a nervous glance to Josuke who only sighed behind you, crossing his arms behind his head, sporting a bright grin on his face.