Chapter 38 - Hello Again

Chapter 38 – Hello Again

Rein’s P.O.V.

“Mom, I’m going to get cereals po ha?”

“Alright, sweety. I’m going to stay right here. Balik ka agad.”

Christian and I are now shopping groceries right after Georgina and him went home from somewhere. Lately, lagi sinasama ni Georgie si Christian sa mga lakad niya. I don’t really mind since I’m always busy now and I trust Georgie.

I was about to follow Christian sa cereals section when I accidentaly bumped the man who was standing in front of my grocery cart causing his phone to fall to the floor. “I’m so sorry. I really didn’t mean to…”

My words got caught up when I got a glimpse of his face. “It’s okay. I was blocking your way too.” I know him. He picked up his phone and when he looked up and saw my face, I swear it caught him off guard too. “Rein??”

I just stared at him while he smiled. That same heart melting smile, that same attractively smart… him.

“Hi.” I greeted him shyly with my voice almost a whisper. He hasn’t changed, he’s almost the same as I met him.

“Look at you! You look more beautiful than it was way back then. It’s been what? I think almost 10 years?” I was shocked when he took me into his arms. He even uses the same perfume until now.

I felt like all the words got caught up in my throat and I couldn’t say even just one clear word. We stood like that for seconds until Christian finally came back with 2 boxes of cereal and a confused expression in his face.

“Mom, who’s he? Why is he hugging you??” Christian asked in his instvestigating tone. His brows were ceased together and his annoying nosy little british accent was clearly understandable.

He didn’t need another word for me to release me from his hug but when he did, he looked at Christian carefully. He smiled at him and said hello. I almost forgot how he loves kids.

“Christian, he’s mommy’s friend way back. He’s your Tito Daniel.”

“Owww… Okay. Hi Tito Daniel! I’m Ian!” My son said fondly while he handed me the boxes of cereals he chose. “Can I ask you a question?”

Daniel just noded yes. Christian signaled him to come closer because he’ll whisper. “Are you my Dad?”

My eyes widened with Christian’s question while Daniel just laughed. “Christian! We’ve talked about this before!”

“I’m just curious. I want to meet my Dad.” He said while pouting. “What’s your full name Tito Daniel? Mine’s Christian Blake Bustamante.”