Chapter 50 - Stay With Me

Chapter 50 – Stay With Me

They’re both okay. Rein flatlined but she’s okay now.

I almost lost my wife, I now have two kids depending on me, and I don’t know what to do next. Everything that happened still overwhelms me.

Ava was brought here in Rein’s suite even though Rein hasn’t really waken up yet. Ava looks so much like Rein. I was afraid to hold her the first time I saw her but now, she’s sleeping soundly in my arms with Ian at my side wanting to take a closer look at her baby sister.

Si Georgie naman, kanina pa nagaayos ng mga gamit. Parehas kami na hindi pa nakakatulog since Rein gave birth sa kaka-asikaso ng mga bagay-bagay and that was three days ago. And this time, I’m so thankful that Rein has her as her best friend and somehow, she’s grown close to me too not just because of our supposed-to-be relationship.

“Blake? Georgie? Is that her?” We all stopped at our tracks when we heard Rein’s voice. When I looked up, I saw her helping herself to sit up the bed. Georgie went to her and helped her while I couldn’t hide my relief of her being up. “Blake, let me see her please.”  

“Mommy! You’re up!” Ian ran towards Rein and climbed up the hospital bed with the help of Georgie. Ian hugged her with so much force that he made Rein flinch in pain. “I missed you mommy.”

“Ian! Wag mo muna i-hug si mommy mo masyado! She’s still recovering.”

“Its okay. I missed you too, baby.” Rein hugged Ian back and kissed his cheek. “Have you seen Ava already? Is she pretty?”

“She’s really small. And she’s always sleeping.” Rein gave me Ian a weak smile and looked at me.

Pagkalapit ko, kinuha niya agad yung chance to hold Ava. She kissed her softly in the forehead before settling into the pillows. I carefully wrapped my arm around her shoulder and kissed her cheek. Si Ian naman sumiksik lalo kay Rein.

“This is so picture perfect! Let me take a picture of you guys so I could post it on my Instagram account!” Georgie pulled out her phone and started taking pictures of us. After she posted it, all of our phones started beeping and ringing but we decided to just ignore it to not ruin our moment.

We called the doctor so we could have updates on Rein’s condition. She’s still weak and they’re still deciding what to do for Rein’s heart to recover the stress she went through completely without any complications. Right now, all she needs to do is rest a lot.

We wanted a room where we could all fit in once the visitors started coming so we took the liberty of getting the Presidential Suite for Rein since we wanted for all of us to be comfortable enough, especially her. Georgie took the guest room and placed our things there while I just slept on the couches on Rein’s room.

Rein had her first breast feeding before Ava slept and we placed her in her hospital crib. Georgie took Ian to Tita Erika’s first because he couldn’t stay here with us in the hospital at night. 

“Thank God she’s okay and healthy.” Rein whispered while she eyed Ava in her crib and I tucked her into her bed.

“Thank God you’re both okay.” I corrected her and gave her a glass of water and her meds. “I almost lost you... When you flatlined, hindi ko alam gagawin ko. Its like I somehow felt like a part of me was hanging by a thread.”  

She just smiled softly and pulled me in for a kiss. Still, I couldn’t erase from my mind that this kiss felt like a goodbye. Actually, everything felt like a goodbye. “You have to let me go when the time comes.”