Chapter 13 - Where Did She Go?!

Chapter 13 – Where Did She Go?!

Rein’s P.O.V.

The next thing I knew is I woke up in my own private room in Makati Med with my Mom, Dad, and Papa talking about what happened.

“This is all your fault! If you hadn’t pushed Alex with my daughter, none of this would have happened!” My Mom was obviously mad.

“I didn’t push Alex kay Rein! If I knew Alex was hurting her I would’ve been the one who stopped their relationship in the first place!” Dad shouted back at Mom.

Siguro they didn’t notice na gising na ako. They were standing with their back behind me eh.

Papa was just standing between them and was listening to both sides calmly. I knew him well, he’s thinking about something that could lessen the tention in this room.

“You clearly pushed my daughter into this, Matteo!”

“I didn’t! Kung alam ko lang na ganon na yung nangyayari, edi sana nilayo ko na si Rein sakanya! I care for Rein, Erika! Anak ko din siya!”

“She’s not even your own flesh and blood!”

“She grew up with us! Ano ba, Erika! If you’re thinking I’m using Rein against you, I’m not! I love Rein as my own daughter!”

“Mom, Dad, please don’t fight.” Napatingin silang tatlo saakin. My Mom rushed and hugged me.

Suddenly, I was like an 8 year old child who was begging for her parents to stop fighting over a non-serious matter.

Bigla nalang umiyak si Mom habang hug niya ako. “Sorry if your Dad, Papa, and I didn’t have time for you. This is all our fault. Are you feeling okay now?”

I just nodded in return.

We took time on discusing the things that was happening even before they knew it. I had to spill it because alam nanaman nila. They told me that they would never let Alex near me again.

We were having our snack when I remembered the last vission and the last voice I heard before I collapsed… It was Josef. I thought to myself. Why does he always seem to appear when I needed someone to protect me? Why can’t I see his face?

Is he really that mysterious to every girl he meet?

“Mom, do you know who brought me here? I mean, did you see him?”

“No eh. Sabi lang ng nurse na a guy wearing a suit brought you here. Why?”

“Wala lang. Kahit name, hindi niyo nakuha?”

Hindi daw sabi ni Mom. Halata mo na they were confused with the things I’m asking them. I just continued eating my snack when Ella came in with a big boquet of flowers and a small box wrapped with a gift wrapper.

“How sweet of you to buy me something!” I said sarcastically as she placed the boquet at the side table near the hospital bed.

“It’s not from me! Trust me, I wouldn’t give you anything even if you were in a serious condition.” She said while handing me the small box.

“Eh kanino galing ‘to?”

“Ewan. Nakasalubong ko lang yung nurse na papasok dito. Tinanong ko, sabi sayo daw. Edi ako na nagdala dito.”