Chapter 21 - Rein's Confession

Chapter 21 – Rein’s Confession

Rein’s P.O.V.

Blake and I just finished having dinner and now, we were both busy settling in our new rooms. This house is unbelievably big for just the two of us. Imagine, 6 rooms, 1 library, a dinning hall, a big kitchen, a spacious living room, an office, a pool, and a garage that even 6 cars could fit in. We moved just this morning and puro box and luggages pa halos sa buong bahay.

I got some of my things from Michael and I’s house before like some of his old stuff, some picures, and some pieces of his things that were important to me, even some of Michael’s favorite clothes before. I placed them all in a small box and brought them here. I just like the idea of keeping his things near me kasi parang nanjan parin siya, parang umalis lang for a while pero babalik rin.

I was unpacking all of my clothes when Blake knocked and stood by the door. “Need help?”

“Not really…” He didn’t mind me anyway, he went beside me and started helping me put my dresses in hangers. When we were done, he helped me din to put them inside the closet.

“Can I ask you something?” He asked me right after he closed the closet doors. I just nodded and smiled. “Napansin ko kasi, eversince I met you, all of your clothes are black, until now actually. It’s not like nagluluksa ka diba? Or favorite color mo lang talaga black? Or…. Don’t tell me you’re into gothic.” Napatawa kami parehas sa last na sinabi niya.

I looked down and sighed. Napasandal nalang ako sa cabinet and napatingin sa box kung nasaan nandoon yung mga gamit ni Mike. He walked towards it and started opening and taking out the things that were inside it. He saw Mike’s favorite leather jacket and tried it on him.

“Why do you have boy things? This is nice ah.” That’s when I noticed that he had the same body frame Michael had. It fit him perfectly.

I smiled faintly and sighed again. ‘hindi niya nga pala alam…’

“Sayo nalang kung gusto mo… Bagay sayo eh.” He just smiled back at me and tinuloy niya yung pagkalikot sa box. I just watched him acting like a child hunting for toys that he could still play with.

I saw Blake take out Michael’s wallet and started looking through the credit cards “Who’s Michael Henry Verdauger?” I didn’t answer him buthis lips formed a smile that would express hurt and regret when he saw the little picture of Mike and me as a sweet couple in a party when we were still in college.

“Oh, bakit ganyan ka? Selos? Don’t worry, Michael’s already… gone.” I took the wallet from him and he started removed the jacket and placed it back in the box.

“Sorry about that. Who’s Michael for you anyway?” He asked in a cold tone. I didn’t know why but Michael’s name didn’t seem to be new to him. It was like he said it a million times before or parang he knew who we were talking about.

“He’s… supposed to be my husband right now, I mean kung hindi tayo nagkakilala ha? He died a year and a half ago. And what’s more complicated, he died on our wedding date.” He looked away and I just couldn’t make myself believe that this talk was really awakward for the both of us. He needs to know anyway.

“Did you love him? Rather, do you still love him?”

“I do. I just had to accept the fact that when I try to love someone else, our memories would always hunt me. I tried to fall in love, ilang beses na nga eh. Pero bumabalik talaga ako sakanya.”