Chapter 37 - Christian

Chapter 37 – Christian

Blake’s P.O.V.

“Do you like my auntie Georgie, Blake?” Ian asked me while we were watching Georgina prepare the foods from the other side of the pool. Ginulo ko lang yung buhok niya as an answer and continued to change the settings of my camera.

I’m not denying that Georgina and I are becoming close everytime na magme-meet kami kay Ian. True enough, she’s really eye-catchingly beautiful specially in her black bikini. I brushed my thoughts away when she caught me staring at her and smiled.

“My Mom says you should come over to our house. And my auntie Georgie tells me she has a crush on you.” Ian placed a finger in his lips. “Shhhh… don’t tell her I told you.”

“Georgie!” I called her over tapos nagpanic si Ian and ran papunta sa likod nung hammock. “Ian says you have a crush on me daw.”

She blushed and gave Ian a deadly glare before she composed herself. “Hahaha. Don’t listen to what that little brat tells you.” She sat beside me and we both watched Ian ride his inflatable boat in the pool. “Thanks for bringing us here. Its really nice to get away from work sometimes.”

“No problem.” I answered. We’re currently in my private property outside New York which I bought a few months ago.

“Ian mentioned me that you have a wife. I hope you wouldn’t mind if I ask you, but in the few weeks we’ve known each other, I haven’t seen her. Are you really… married?”

“Yes, I’m married.” I hesitated to answer. I saw her expression change from curious to disappointed but she composed herself agad. “But its really… I don’t know the right word. But let’s just say… things aren’t normal? We’re not together anymore but we didn’t have closure.”

 “Owww… sorry about that. How long have you been married?”

“7 years. And we’ve been together just for a year. She gave up on my recklessness. She ran away, I never saw her again. Ang masama pa doon, I didn’t have the chance to meet our son. Hindi ko nga alam kung kilala ako ng anak namin eh.”

I was shocked when she held my hand and rested her head on my shoulder. “I can’t imagine you being reckless. Sa totoo lang, I think you’ll make a good father if she would just let you.”

“Thanks.” Somehow, what she said made me feel light-hearted.

We just stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Nagulat nalang kami nung maalala namin si Ian. Pagkatingin namin, he was already in the deep part of the pool. Unfortunately, he was still rowing.

“Ian! Ian, come back here!” Georgie yelled but Ian just laughed. Tumayo pa siya sa boat ang nag-belat. Before I knew it, she dove into the pool and went to Ian. I joined them making the 3 of us laugh.

After our afternoon swim, Ian fell asleep in my arms while we were having a walk. Georgie’s hand is entertwined with mine as we walk. We sat in one of the benches and let Ian sleep soundly in my arms while Georgie was twisting and studying the ring around my finger.

“Ikaw, Georgie? Bakit wala kang boyfriend?” I asked her.

“Let’s just say I’m one of those people who believe that love can only be found in books.” I got taken aback sa sinabi niya. She noticed that I became a bit hesitant kaya she gave an awkard laugh and rested her head in my shoulder. “Love is not true, Blake. People just want to be married because they want or need something from their partner and yung asawa nila na yun ang nagfu-fullfill nung needs na yun.”