Chapter 17 - Just an Ordinary Day

Chapter 17 – Just an Ordinary Day

Rein’s P.O.V.

Mom place the last hairpin in my hair and after that, she stood a few inches away from me and looked at the mirror where I was staring at myself. I felt like crying but I know that it wouldn’t change a thing.

My mom covered her mouth with both of her hands while trying hard not to cry hard infront of me. She was against Dad and Papa’s decision pero nagmatigas sila parehas to still continue Blake’s proposal.

I stared at myself in the mirror. Plain and simple. I forced my lips into a smile. In front of me, was a woman who was going to marry someone in an unreasonable reason.

This is my fault, irresponsible ako eh. Ginusto ko ‘to. As a result, I was going to marry a man whom I never loved and he will never love me in return. Kabaligtaran lahat sa ginusto ko. I wanted to have that someone who’ll deal with my laziness, my immaturity, my childishness, my mood-swings, my bad temper, my stupid comments about things, my weirdness and my annoying habits. I want that someone to be the reason why I smile even though He’s also the reason why I’m sad. I want that someone who’ll come to me, hold me and tell me,“Shhh. Baby, everything’s going to be alright.” I want to be with that someone who’ll make me feel that I am me. That someone who can accept me for me. That I can be myself when I’m with him. Because these bad things about me make me who I am. I want someone who could love me more than he loves himself.

I didn’t notice the tears that were flowing down my cheeks heavily. My mom hugged me and patted my back. “Sorry I can’t do anything, baby. Sorry.”

“It’s okay, Mom. It’s my fault. Ginusto ko ‘to.”

**

Blake picked me up at 6:00 in the evening and went straight to they mayor’s office for our wedding. No one was invited, even our parents or friends. Kaming dalawa lang talaga.None of us were talking while going here. He was just wearing a plain polo and ako naman, simple white dress.

So far from the dream wedding I imagined. So far from Michael and I’s wedding before.

We said the vows in a lifeless way in front of the mayor. When the mayor finally declared we were husband and wife, Blake just kissed my cheek and signed more papers. The mayor greeted us happily and I just smiled back in return.

We didn’t even hold hands when we were on our way out of the office. My eyes were holding back so much tears that were threatening to flow through my cheeks.

**

We just had our dinner at Manila Hotel and now we’re on our way home to his house. No one dared to speak the whole time and I just received cold stares from him.

He stopped driving in front of a medeteranian styled house. It wasn’t too big, nor too small. We entered the house and agad ko nakita is a wall with built in bookshelves that was all filled with Blake’s racing trophys.

“Welcome to my world.” He said as he walked through the bookshelves. Ngayon ko lang nalaman how passionate he was with his occupation. It’s not easy to win competitions over and over again. So that’s why pala he’s so popular with girls.

“You live here alone?”

“Yes. I usually go home sa condo because it’s close to everywhere. But I think making my wife live in a small place wouldn’t be appropriate.” He hugged me from behind and I felt his warm breath through my neck.