Chapter 3 - From Her Father's Point of View

Chapter 3 – From Her Father’s Point of View

Rein’s P.O.V.

It’s been 1 month. 1 month since Michael died, 1 month of mourning and trying to move on, pero wala parin.

When I was discharged from the hospital, I moved in sa house where Michael and I were supposed to live after the wedding. The house we visited two days before the wedding.

It was really hard to make my parents allow me to live here. Sabi kasi nila, lalo lang akong malulungkot because of all the pictures of our memories are here. Sabi din kasi nila na it was on of the places Michael went to before he died. Pero pinayagan na nila ako when I told them na that would be the only thing that will make me happy now. Siguro dahil kahit papano, mafi-feel ko parin yung presence ni Michael  in a way na bahay namin ‘to.

My Papa lives with me as well para naman daw may magbabantay and someone will take care of me. Para din daw hindi empty yung bahay.

This house has seven rooms, a dinning hall, a swimming pool, a big living room, a garden big enough for children to play, a garage for 4 cars, a patio place in the front, and a place where you can celebrate parties. This house is really made for a happy family to live in.

In my case, the one whom I was supposed to start my family with is now gone. Ang sakit lang talaga isipin.

Enzo’s P.O.V.

It’s already 11pm but still, hindi pa lumalabas ng kwarto si Rein. Hindi parin siya kumakain since breakfast.

Since Michael passed away and she got out of the hospital, wala na siyang ginawa kung hindi magkulong sa kwarto at umiyak. She also started drinking alcoholic drinks na hindi niya naman ginagawa before. Almost everyday na din siya umiinom.

She never did that before. I’m really lucky because I had Rein as my daughter. Hindi siya pasaway and she follows every single thing we tell her. She’s even smart and beautiful. Having her is really a blessing. I really feel bad for my daughter. She’s now changing because of her loss. Alam ko din kasi yung feeling nang mawalan. Well, it’s different for her kasi nga namatay si Michael.

I prepared dinner and brought it upstairs to Rein’s room para doon nalang kami kumain.

When I entered her room, I saw her seating near her window while crying again. She looked thinner and hindi na din siya masyadong nagaayos.

“Rein, kain muna tayo. You haven’t  eaten since morning.”

She faced me with her swollen eyes and flushed cheeks. “No, dad. I’m fine. Wala akong gana kumain eh.”

I placed the tray on the table first and sat beside my daughter. “Rein, you can’t stay like this forever. You need to move on.”

Lalo siyang umiyak. I hugged her and patted her back. It’s really hard to see your daughter like this.

My 20 year old daughter’s first heartbreak. Ang hirap pala makita yung anak mo na ganito.

“Pa, I can’t. I miss Michael. Why did he leave me? Am I not good enough for him?” She said in between. “I just wish that my life would end the same as his. Pa, I can’t go on without him.”

“Rein, your just saying that. Kaya mo yan. You know, if Michael sees you crying, he wouldn’t like it. Stop na. Just eat up. You’re getting thinner.”

“I don’t feel like eating. Sorry.”  Then she just looked outside of the window again.

This time, I couldn’t control my raging emotions anymore. I know I should be careful with my daughter’s feelings, but this is enough. We’ve done all we can just to get her out of her room. Just to stop her from crying. Pero what?

She even didn’t excert effort on moving on. Nagmumok lang siya sa kwarto niya araw-araw.

Before I lose my patience, I found myself walking out of Rein’s room. Before I went out, I stopped and looked at her for the last time. “Rein, if you continue doing this to yourself, pati ako mawawala na sayo. Move on.”