Chapter 44 - Everything's Getting Better By The Moment

Chapter 44 – Everything's Getting Better By The Moment

I wake up before the alarm the next morning with Blake wrapped around me. His head is on my chest, his arms around my waist, and his leg between mine. He even invaded my side of the bed already.

Who would’ve thought that has become so needy after a few years on living on his own? I ran a hand on his hair and he stirs. His sleepy eyes met mine and he blinks a couple of times as his eyes adjust.

“Hi.” He says as he smiles lazily at me.

“Hi.” I love seeing that smile first thing in the morning.

“Good morning, honey.” He nuzzles my neck then untangles himself from me. “What do you want for breakfast??”

“Well, Ian and I like having breakfast at IHOP.” I flash my pa-cute smile at him

He frowns and touches my forehead and examines me. “You were sick last night tapos now you want to have breakfast all the way to Taguig??” I nodded my head up and down while pouting. He sighed and pinches my nose. “Okay ka na ba? Are you not feeling sick anymore??”

I quickly stretched and rose from the bed. “I’m okay now. Tingnan mo.” I jumped up and down while I turn around, making my night gown twirl around me.

“Rein, stop.” I continued jumping up and down until he giggled. “Alright, alright. Stop jumping. You might hurt yourself.”

“Really??” He nodded yes. “YEHEY!!” Without any warning, I jumped into him, hugging and tracing kisses in his face. He giggled while he held on to my waist tightly.

“Rein, wait.” His face turned into a serious expression when I looked at him. I started pouting again when he ran a finger though my lower lip. “Are you sure you want to eat outside? Pwede naman dito nalang eh. I can cook.”

“Blake naman eh… please?”

“I was just thinking of the… people. Honey, everyone’s been asking what happened to us before tapos we’re just going to step out where many people will see us now?” I gave him a puzzled look but he still continued. “I mean, okay lang naman saakin eh. Pero how about ikaw? They know you’re dating Daniel and paano si Ian??”

“It’s fine with me. Let them see us together.” I said confidently which took him to shock. I tried to look convincing as I could although I am already having second thoughts. “And I’ll handle Ian.”

“Oh, okay.” He smiled away his confusion though I could still see him doubting me.

I straddled his lap and ran my hand through his hair while his hands roam around my back, supporting me. “Blake, just get your mind off things. Everything’s going to get better eventually.”

“Okay, fine. Why don’t you get Ian and yourself ready while I get my extra clothes in the car?” He kissed the tip of my nose and made me shift my weight on the bed slowly.

**

Looking at the menu, Blake asked us kung ano gusto namin. I just asked for a New York cheesecake pancake and iced coffee while Ian just asked for chocolate chip pancakes and chocolate milkshake.

“Oh, come on. Wala na kayong gusto?? Brunch na ‘to.” I just smiled and nodded my head no. I was too occupied in seeing some people recognize us. I even heard our names from the other table. “Bahala kayo.”