Chapter 45 - Barcelona!

Chapter 45 – Barcelona!

“Hon… Rein…” I felt someone cup my cheek and I stirred. My head still feels fuzzy. “You need to drink these. Ang init mo eh. Sige na.”

“Ayoko…” I tightened my grip around Blake’s arm and rested my head in his shoulder. My vision is still adjusting against the darkness of the cabin when I saw Blake staring at the meds in his hand. I cupped his cheek and made him look down at me. “I just need rest. I’ll be fine.”

“Okay.” He answered shortly. He pulled the blanket up to my chin and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. We’re only halfway our flight to Barcelona and I’m already burning with fever. Nakakahiya kay Blake. “Are you comfortable? Do you want anything? Gutom ka ba?”

I nodded my head no and nuzzled his neck. I felt his lips kiss my hair before I drifted off to sleep again.

**

“Good morning, honey.” I smiled at the familiar voice who greeted me. I wrapped my arms around his neck as my eyes adjusted to the sight of him. He gently touched my cheek for a moment and let out a sigh of relief. “Thank God, wala ka nang lagnat.”

“Ang galing mo kasi magalaga.” I gave him a kiss on his cheek and pulled him beside me and Ian who’s still sleeping. We arrived yesterday and given my sick state, they all agreed to just stay here and rest.

He carefully went to the other side of the bed to Ian and kissed him on his forehead. Ian stirred and pulled the blanket up to his face. Blake on the other hand, smiled and just hugged him. “We should tell him sooner.”

“I want to but I don’t know how. He just loves you so much na natatakot ako na he might hate me from taking him away from you.”

“He’s a smart kid. He’ll understand. We’ll figure out a plan. I promise.” He held my hand in his and took it to his lips. “In the mean time, why don’t we go and have brunch? We need to be in the venue in an hour.”

“Wala ka bang test drive or something? Don’t you have to check the car over and over again? Diba months long ang preparation para sa isang race?”

“Yes, it should be months long but I’ve tested the car a month ago.”

“Are you sure?” Ang alam ko kasi each of the car they’ll use needs to be tested every once in a while before they can make sure that it’s actually safe. He nodded his head yes. “Okay then.”

“Ian… baby…” I tapped Ian’s shoulder but he just turned to face Blake and still slept. “Christian… wake up na.”