Chapter 35 - Things Will Never Be The Same Again

Chapter 35 – Things Will Never Be The Same Again

2 months later...

Blake’s P.O.V.

“Sir, there’s nothing we could find about her anymore. Parang nawala nalang siya ng biglaan after our last trace of her in California.”

“What?! Ganun ba ganun kahirap i-trace ang isang babaeng buntis? She could have records of her check-ups in any hospital flying everywhere! 7 months ago pa yung lead na yun tapos wala paring nagbabago?! I pay you right kaya I trust you to do your work right!” Bianca held me in my shoulders to calm me down. “You may go. I want progress next week. Don’t fail me.”

I took a deep breath and drank the glass of whiskey in my desk straight. “Inom nanaman? That wouldn’t do you any good.” Bianca said while he reached for my glass and threw it on the trash bin. “Blake, you’ve been drinking everyday for the past 9 months. You might kill yourself before you could even find her.”

I stared at the collage picture frame in my office desk. It consist of Rein and I’s picture in Monaco a few months ago and our baby’s first ultrasound picture. It’s been 9 months since I last saw her and its killing me. I am missing every inch, smell, and sight of her.

“She’s going to give birth anytime this month now. She needs me, Bianca.” I said helpless as I ran my fingers through my hair.

“I wish you said that before. Dapat kasi hindi ka nagfreak out when you found out she was pregnant with your child. Sinabihan mo pa ng baka hindi sayo ang bata, eh d lalong nasaktan yun.” She tapped my shoulder and gave me one of her everything-will-be-okay hugs. “Mahirap hanapin ang taong ayaw magpahanap. I’ve never seen you so vulnerable, brother.”

“I know… I just love her so much.”

“You know what, why don’t you take the rest of the day off? I’ll tell Anton you’re not feeling well. Does that sound good?”

“Nakakahiya na kay Anton, Bianca. He took me in this company without any hesitation because I’m your brother kaya I should show him that I’m worthy of the position he gave me.”

“Nonsense. Anton treats you na like his younger brother too. That’s the least we could give to our children’s baby sitter every weekends.”

The thought of taking care of my sister’s children with really pricey French names made me laugh. “Well, Vivien and Lelliot loves me.”

“Stop calling my son Lelliot. He actually thinks that its his real name, not Elliot.”

“Its not my fault why their names are so hard.”

“Well, its because my husband is French and we both want French names for our kids. Maybe Rein would name your child after some sentimental value you and her had too. I need to go, Anton’s texting me.” Bianca walked away with her high heeled shoes clicking.

Rob’s P.O.V.

I was in the middle of a press conference for my next race when Sandro excused me because of an important phone call from Georgina.

[Rob! Oh my God!] Nilayo ko yung phone sa tenga ko when I heard Georgina’s high pitched and excited voice.

“Georgina, this better be good. I’m in the middle of a conference here. Just be quick.”