Chapter 2 - The Past (Part 2)

Chapter 2 – The Past (Part 2)

A week has already passed since Michael passed away. Today’s his last funeral day. Ngayon na siya ililibing.

Maaga akong gumising to fix myself. I wore my black and simple Rajo Laurel dress and my simple red Loubotins. I didn’t bother to put any make-up but I applied my russian red MAC lipstick and wore my Ray Ban aviator shades. Simple as that.

For this past few days, I’ve been lifeless. I didn’t go to work, by this time, I should’ve been fired. Pero kasi I was working in our company. All I’ve done this days was go to Mike’s funeral, go home, sleep for a few hours, and go back to his funeral.

Everyone has been telling me to somehow move on. Yes, I know that. But based on a person who’s been hopeless romantic and has always dreamt of being with the man you love ‘till the last days of your lives, it’s not that easy.

My family would always wait for me to go back home every night and they would just try to cheer me up, but it wouldn’t work. Yes, I would smile but it’s just a fake one. I still don’t know what I’m going to do when his funeral is over.

“Ally, your Papa will come here any minute now. Bakit hindi nalang natin siya hintayin then sabay na tayong lahat pumunta sa libing?” My mom asked while we were eating breakfast. I call my biological Dad, Papa and I call my adpotive father, Dad.

“Mom, sunod nalang po kayo. Mamaya pa naman po yung mismong libing. I just want to be early and make sure everything’s okay.”

“Ally, sige na. Let’s just wait for Enzo tapos sabay na tayo, okay?” Sabi ni Dad. Hindi na ako tumanggi at pumayag na din.

“Ate, the Franciss Libiran dresses you ordered were already delivered a while ago. They’re beautiful but why are they all black and white?” I didn’t answer my sister’s question, instead I just gave her a weak smile. Ang totoo niyan, kaya I ordered black and white clothes from different designers and I requested Mom to make me personalized black dresses is because I’m going to wear black clothes until Michael’s first death anniversary. Just like Kris Aquino did when her mother died. That’s the way I wanted to mourn. Wala na silang magagawa doon.

We finished eating and after a few minutes, my Papa arrived. He hugged me as soon as he saw me. “Baby, be strong okay? Everything’s going to be alright.” Hindi ko na napigilan yung sarili ko na umiyak. I’ve been holding back my tears since I woke up this morning. Just thinking of what will happen later breaks my heart.

Pumasok na kami sa sari-sarili naming kotse. My Mom, Dad, and Bliss were together in Dad’s Volvo XC60, Safe and my Papa where together in his Porsche Panamera Hybrid while Seth and I were in my metallic Amethyst Prosche Cayenne. And sabay sabay na kaming pumunta sa Manila Memorial Park.

**

Everyone already gave their last messages for Michael. I was the only one left na hindi pa nagsasalita. I stood up and held the mic. My hands were shaking but I was really trying my best to stop myself from crying.

“When I was a teenager, I was fond of reading romantic books. Specially the kind where the characters in those books would end up happily with each other. I would always think if someday, I was going to find the same perfect man as the books would say. And to what I didn’t expect, he really came. This perfect man is Michael. ”

“This perfect man made me realize that I can do things beyond my limits. He made impossible things possible for me. Words could never describe how perfect he was… words could never describe how much we loved each other. He even promised me forever. If this is God’s way of showing me forever, I accept it… Michael taught me how to love. He was very selfless. His love was the most pure thing on Earth. It was, in every way, unconditional. And probably that’s the message here. He wants all of us to love the way he did also.” I removed my shades and placed it on top of my head. I wipped the tears that was uncotrolably flowing through my cheeks.