EPILOGUE

Epilogue

Georgie’s P.O.V.

“Thank you so much for allowing me to take Ava and taking care of her while I’m on call. I’m so sorry she had to come with me here. No one’s going to take care of her while I’m gone.” I once again apologized to my shoot director before going home. He smiled and told me its no problem since Ava has been really well-behaved. He even took great pictures of her but promised not to release it anywhere.

Ava smiled and waved her goodbyes to the staff as we walked to the parking lot while still clutching her bag of candies they have given her. “Up!” She simply said once we reached the car. I arranged her into her car seat then went behind the wheel. I glanced back at her pinched her cheek lighly.

Ian was already waiting near the gate of his school once I parked the car. Tumakbo agad siya papunta saakin and kissed my cheek. “How’s your soccer training?”

“Coach said I did better than the last time.”

“Then that’s good. Let’s go have early dinner tapos uwi na tayo. I’m already tired and nasa bahay si Blake.” He nodded yes and helped himself up the car.

“Yan!” Ava screamed and giggled once she took sight of Ian which made me smile. They are so close despite their age gap. Ian could already pass as a good brother even if he’s only 7. He takes care of Ava always.

**

Nagulat ako when I saw Ian and Ava laying down on my bed when I got out of the bathroom. Sinabihan ko kasi si Ian na doon muna sila kay Blake while I take a bath. Ian was watching something while si Ava, halata na inaantok na.

I carried Ava. She buried her face in my neck and wrapped her arms around my neck. “Ian, diba sabi ko doon muna kayo kay daddy mo?”

“He’s in the office and it’s locked. He wasn’t answering when I called him.”

I sighed and made him get up. “Come on. It’s past your bedtime. Patulugin natin si Ava then I’ll tuck you in.”

Ava fell asleep even brefore we brought her to her room. Before we left her, Ian turned the baby monitor on which was connected to my room and kissed her sister goodnight. After that, I tucked him in his bed. Aalis na sana ako when he called me.

“Tita, I miss mom.” Something deep inside me ached. I went back, sat on his bed, and pulled him into a hug.

“I know. I miss her too.” I heard him sigh. “She’s your mom, of course you miss her. Ako nga friend lang but I terribly miss her. You just need to be strong, okay? Tita’s always going to be here for you.”