Chapter 16 - Final Decision

Chapter 16 – Final Decision

Rein’s P.O.V.

My sleeping pills did their job well. I can’t sleep after what happened a few nights ago. I was even shocked nung nalaman ko na Dad and Mom knew Blake. Well, of course they know him cause his popular. Pero I wasn’t expecting yung si Dad talking to Blake’s dad. Parang it sounded different than the usual.

This day, naisip ko na I should make myself happy kahit sandali lang. Ilang araw na din akong nagkukulong lang sa bahay.

I was walking sa mall nung bigla ko maisip si Josef. He wasn’t calling me or texting me for the past few days. I’ve tried calling him, but he doesn’t answer. Sayang, I thought he was something different.  

Speaking of Josef, I was walking in the mall when a cute boy went near me shaked my hand. I smiled at him. He was carrying a small box of mini-cupcakes that has one letter corresponding to each cupcake. I miss you were the words written on it.

“Ate, someone wants to give this to you.” The little boy handed me the box and ran away. I opened the card that was sticked to it and read it.

I miss you – Josef

I couldn’t help myself but to smile. I looked around and I saw him standing sa may side na wearing his Ateneo varsity jacket while wearing his Ray Ban Aviators. He was smiling back at me while he was walking closer.

“Missed me?” He asked. I gave him a big, warm hug as my answer to his question. I saw him smile widely as he hugged me back. “I’m guessing yes.”

“Eh kasi tagal mo hindi nagtext or call. You’re so unfair. You even turned your phone off.”

“Sorry about that. I had to do some things eh.”

“Things like?”

“Want to have coffee or eat? This may take long. I missed you so much.” My heart was like having a summersault when he said that he missed me. Sobra yata akong kinilig. I’m beginning to think I’m being attached to him too much.

“Me too. Basta libre mo.”

He took me to Haägen Dazs. He was the one who ordered our coffees and ng super dami na ice creams and cakes. He told me na pangbawi niya na daw yun for the days he didn’t communicate with me.

While he was texting, I couldn’t help but to stare at his. Even it’s covered by his aviator shades, you can still see his smooth skin, his well sculpted nose, and his lips.

“I bet his lips are really kissable.”  I thought to myself as I touched mine. Mukha akong baliw na kinakausap ang sarili while staring at him habang he keeps on checking his phone.

“What do his lips feel like kaya when he kisses someone? Haiiii….”

“Rein?? Okay ka lang?” Napatinging ako sakanya bigla. I felt myself blush tapos ngayon ko lang napansin na I was touching my lips na. This is so embarrassing. >.<

“Ahhhmm… yes. May naisip lang ako. Hehe.”

“Why are you… touching your lips?” I saw him smirk and I felt myself blush more.

“I was just checking if my lips were dry. Hehe.” Nice one, Rein! What a lame excuse! >.< “Why were you busy nga pala?”

“Well, my Dad arranged me into a forced marriage. I’m getting married next month.” My heart suddenly fell to the ground. Parang d ako makapaniwala sa sinabi niya. Somehow, I was hoping for something less hurtful.