Chapter 29 - Let's Play Pretend

Chapter 29 – Let’s Play Pretend

Rein’s P.O.V.

“Baby, we’re here. Gising ka na…” I felt Blake’s breath in my ear. He kissed my cheek bago ko inayos sarili ko sa pagkakaupo. Nasa loob kami ng plane ngayon and kakaland lang here in Monaco.

Yes, sumama ako. I gave up studying and some of my business works just to go with him. That’s how I love him. And kung nagtataka kayo kung bakit kami ganito ka sweet ay dahil yun sa ibang airlines kami sumakay. Hindi kami sumabay sa team nila Blake where Adrianna is. Pero ang alam go they’re going to pick us up. Nauna kasi sila ng 4 days saamin.

Blake and I agreed for me to pretend to be his assistant/secretary for safety purposes. We don’t want the media bashing us around with questions because some reporter saw us kissing when we had our date in MOA. Sabi ni Blake na this isn’t the right time to tell everyone about us kasi gugulo lang daw yung life ko, and I understand that.

When Michael died nga, my world turned upside down and the media kept on bashing every chance I had to move on. They would be waiting outside the house and force me to give statements on how I was doing and it was really a mess.

Blake looked disturb when we were waiting for our luggages in the conveyor. He kept on texting and checking his phone. It was just 8:30 in the morning here and 4:30 in the morning sa Philippines I am really sleepy and tired. I feel weak because I haven’t eaten while we were in the flight din. Inaalalayan ako ni Blake kasi daw baka ako biglang himatayin.

“I think we should stay in a hotel.” He told me habang nakasimangot. He still has the black eye from last week nung binato ko sakanya yung phone. Hindi naman na masyadong halata but its still a bit dark. Natawa naman ako. Alam ko naman kung ano ang nasa isip niya eh. Hahaha. “Why are you laughing?? Hindi kaya nakakatawa? You should stay with me. ALWAYS.”

“Ano ka ba, its okay. You could always go to my room.” I pinched his cheeks tapos nagkunyari siya na kakagatin niya yung fingers ko.

“Its not that. You’re going to live in a house full of boys for almost 2 months and all they know is you’re single and I don’t like that. I don’t like sharing my wife with them. Tapos we have separate rooms pa. Anything could happen in two months.” Before we could talk more, nakita na namin na lumabas na yung mga maleta namin sa conveyor and isa isa na kinuha ni Blake. He piled our luggages in a trolley and pushed it palabas ng airport while I just followed him.

Pagkalabas namin, 5 men and Adrianna were waiting outside for us. They greeted each other like they haven’t seen each other for months and I can see how happy Blake is. Nung napatingin si Blake saakin, sumimangot siya and stopped talking sa mga friends niya.

He touched my forehead with the back of his hand which everyone’s attention to us. I felt my blood rush through my face and I was sure that I was the color of a tomato. “Are you okay? You’re so pale.”

“Blake… They’re looking at us.” I whispered and just like in one snap, he got back to his senses that we needed to pretend. Lumayo siya saakin and pretended that he didn’t do anything like that.

“Uhhhmm… Guys, this is my assistant, Ms. Rein Villafuerte.” Everyone of them exchanged smiles and their names with me. I knew I wouldn’t memorize who they were agad but what really caught my attention was the man who hasn’t given me his name and just stared blankly at me with his stunning jet black eyes.

I gave him an awkward smile and waved but he ignored it and went inside his Ferrari 360 Spider Cabrio that was parked near us. If this man is seeking for attention, he really got mine.