Chapter 31 - Family Planning

Chapter 31 – Family Planning

Blake’s P.O.V.

Watching her sleeping soundly in her room tonight made me feel relaxed and stressed at the same time. Relaxed knowing that she’s back here in the unit with me safetly and I have the whole night to be with her even if she’s drunk and couldn’t barely remember who I am. Stressed in a way that I know that what happened in the bar and those pictures of ours will eventually spread the international showbiz scene by tomorrow morning.

It took awhile to calm her down and make her sleep. She kept on crying and ranting that her husband, me, doesn’t love her and inisist that I must hide her. Unfortunately, people tell the truth when they’re drunk and the truth is that Rein was hurt and confused with our situation and not to mention her jealousy towards Adrianna.

“Sorry, honey. I’m only doing this for you. I love you so much.” I whispered even though I know she doesn’t hear me. I planted a soft kiss on her lips and touched her now hot cheek because of fever.

I went out to the kitchen hoping to pump up my body with coffee so I could just take care of sick Rein the whole night.

“Coffee?” To my surprise, Ate Tina and Sandro were still up and having their coffees in the kitchen. I was hoping for everyone to be sleeping at this time especially  after that riot in the bar earlier.

I just nodded and sat down beside Sandro who tapped my back and gave me a smile. I gave a weak smile in return. I am so tired from drinking, dancing, and staying up all night for Rein. I wish I could sleep for even 10 minutes.

“How’s your wife??” My jaw dropped and my eyes widened with Sandro’s question. I even poured the spoonful of sugar out of my coffee cup. What the hell??! “I mean how’s Rein??”

“Rein’s okay. Its just fever.” I gave off an awkward laugh and tried to act convincingly despite my tireness. “Wife?? Haha. Come on, Sandro. I’m not ready for that kind of shit.”

Ate Tina gave a sharp glance at Sandro who just nodded his head disapprovingly. “Blake, simula bata ka pa, your Ate Tina and I have known you already. We saw you grow up and when you had this career, we supported and went with you all the way. We know you too well para malaman naming na may tinatago ka. We’re like your parents already.”

Shit. This is bad. “What’re you talking about?” I tried to act dumb.

“We saw your wedding ring, anak. The day you left it by the sink, nabasa ko yung name and the date of your wedding there.” Ate Tina answered with a sweet smile that was becoming creepy to me already.

I felt my tongue burn because of the hot cup of coffee that I almost drank straight because of my panic. Sandro and Ate Tina gave out a soft laugh while they were watching me. “Bakit ‘di niyo sinabi na alam niyo na??” I asked them desperately.

“We respect your decision, Blake. Alam naman namin how hard for people like you to keep your lives private. Naisip namin na baka hindi pa kayo ready sabihin, especially Rein kasi she’s still young and she has a lot to live for from her parents pa.” Ate Tina explained. “Pero believe ako sainyo how you managed to hide it. Ang galing niyo!”

“Don’t worry. We’ll keep our mouths shut.” Sandro said. “Just try to see things in a different perspective, Blake. I can see how much you love her kahit sa maliliit na bagay na ginagawa mo para sakanya. I can even see your fury towards Rob dahil lang nagseselos ka sakanya. Just a piece of advice, don’t let people ruin what you have and never let your career stop you from what you really want to do. Good night! Matulog ka na, magiging okay din si Rein.” Before I could even thank him for his words of wisdom, Ate Tina and Rob went to their room to sleep.