Chapter 25 - A Father's Love

Chapter 25 – A Father’s Love

Blake’s P.O.V.

I woke up at around 7pm without Rein by myside. This is it, I finally admitted that I love her. I rolled out of bed and got dressed. My eyes got caught in the blood stain in the bed sheet and I remembered that Rein and I haven’t talk about my lie yet.

Bigla akong nataranta. What if she left me after knowing that… nothing really happened the first time we met??? Oh shit.

Napatakbo ako papunta sa baba and I was relieved to see her sitting in one of the stools by the breakfast bar. She looked… haggard.

Her eyes were bloodshot because of crying tapos her nose is red. Her hair was just tossed up in a messy way but she was wearing jeans and a shirt. She was just looking out of nowhere.

I hugged her from behind but she didn’t move. I kissed her hair and inalis niya yung kamay ko around her. “You lied to me.” She said in a harsh tone. It’s obvious that she was holding her tears back.

“I’m sorry. I really am. But what I said earlier was all true. Nung una, I was just curious about you kaya I pushed through the wedding pero habang tumatagal… I… I really can’t explain it, but I like you without trying crazy stuff for me to notice you. I love the things you say, and how you never fail to make me smile. Then it just happened, one day I realize that I lo—“

“Stop it! Just stop lying! Please…” She broke down crying and faced me. “You don’t know how hard it was for me to feel helpless when my fathers forced me into this! It was a big, huge, step for anything that was beyond unplanned! Pero ano??! Wala naman akong magagawa diba? So I just said yes to marry the biggest bastard that I hated since the first time he came into the news! Tapos yun pala, all this time, I married him for a one stupid fucking lie?!”  

“I was trying so hard for you to love me back! Alam mo ba kung gaano kasakit marinig na you only wanted me for sex?! It took me a month just to get over you not sleeping next to me dahil parang nandidiri ka saakin! Do you even know how hurt I am hearing voices, moaning, and screaming during the night thinking that MY HUSBAND is sleeping with another girl?!”

I felt dumbstruck with the things she said. She was right. I didn’t consider her feelings during our first married months. I was trying so hard not to be close to her because I know that this marriage will eventually end without us noticing it. I guess I was wrong.

“I’m sorry… Let’s just make this work, okay? I love you. I love you so much, Rein.” I tried hugging her pero umiiwas siya. I was starting to feel weak.

“And how about your girlfriend?? She’s pretty, tall, sexy unlike me. Infact, bagay kayo.” She laughed bitterly.

“Niligawan ko siya kasi I wanted to draw my attention away from you. I know that I’m not you just felt right. But I was afraid that I could hurt you…”

“You already did. I just think this wouldn’t work this time…” She took her wedding ring of and went near me. I couldn’t move and I felt like I was numb. “Sayang lang na when we finally admitted that we love each other, this had to happen.”

She held my hand open and placed the ring on it. She’s returning it to me. No, she can’t be leaving. Please, no. “It was just a lie. I… I lied because I want you.” My voice almost a whisper.

“We can pretend that things don't bother us, but we all know that even the smallest thing can make us fall apart. This small lie made us fall apart. The ‘us’ that just started, maybe it wasn’t supposed to last long. This is too much to take, Blake.”